Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
….bit of a mixed bag on Leeds forum. After watching him myself I can understand why many of their fans are frustrated with him although to be fair, many say he’s a talent;

View attachment 266165

View attachment 266166
Is clear to me that most negative feelings towards him have very little to do with his ability with a football.

Always passed the eye test for me, genuinely exciting young player with a lot of potential. Have wanted him since first seeing him play for Leeds.

Well in his 2nd best Season DCL beats them all, bar Rideout.

People think its dead easy to pick up these goalscorers, yet we have only managed it twice in 30 years, pause for thought when people are saying how easy it is to replace DCL.

But hey, maybe next time we pick up a Lukaku and not a Beto, Tosun, Maupay, Sando and so on.

But im not gonna belittle those names, I liked most of them a lot when they played for us, bar Saha, never really took to Saha.
Saha was probably the most talented out of all of them mentioned above.

….bit of a mixed bag on Leeds forum. After watching him myself I can understand why many of their fans are frustrated with him although to be fair, many say he’s a talent;

View attachment 266165

View attachment 266166
In fairness, it seems like a similar case to how many of us seen Gordon here. Academy stuff aside, it's probably clear that Gordon in his last bit here had a huge ego and didn't want to be here, therefore fans (justifiably) hated him, especially since his return was poor too. On the flip side, then Newcastle got a player that improved under them, as there wasn't the built-in knowledge of him being a knob. I thought Gordon was crap, the money was unreal and that he's still overrated, but I do admit he's clearly miles better for Newcastle than he was for us in his final year.

With Gnonto it's probably the same, sick of Leeds and can't wait to be away but not necessarily any indication on how he'd be with us, other than a player that would likely have his head turned by a bigger offer, which is 90% of players these days.

Besides all that, yer man using "Google, www or 'stats'" has killed me there, it's 2024 ffs, who calls it www, you're on an internet forum, it's called the internet.

Would like us to sign this lid

The judgement of forwards is overweighted towards goals and assists imho. Anyone who's played to a half decent level understands that this is a crude metric for players in poor teams. Need good productive players around you and good harmony if good play is to be rewarded with genuine attacking output. Think people have lost sight of the fact that he's been playing in a championship level side for several years.

As others have said, passes the eye test for me. Good technique, makes good decisions, quick feet often gets his team out of trouble or creates opportunities to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back