Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im ok with this, although I like the player we need to do similar to what we did with Philogene. This is what we are willing to pay, if its not enough we move on to another target. Need to stop being so weak in negotiation and toughen up, we may miss out on a few targets in the next couple of windows, but will benefit us long term.

In fairness to Leeds, I don't think they've ever moved the goal posts. They've always demanded a high fee and we've always bid low. This is the 3rd window in a row we've bid so we clearly want him. At some point we either need to up our bid or draw a line under it. Leeds aren't going to lower their asking price and fair play to them, he's their player and they can ask for what they want. We're doing the same with United.

In fairness to Leeds, I don't think they've ever moved the goal posts. They've always demanded a high fee and we've always bid low. This is the 3rd window in a row we've bid so we clearly want him. At some point we either need to up our bid or draw a line under it. Leeds aren't going to lower their asking price and fair play to them, he's their player and they can ask for what they want. We're doing the same with United.

Fine with moving on if we can't or won't pay what Leeds want. But we still need someone of this profile if we are looking elsewhere and we have been trying to get someone of this type, who is effective for years. We still lack pace. Using Ndiaye on the wings might be playing him out of position as Marseille did.

Fine with moving on if we can't or won't pay what Leeds want. But we still need someone of this profile if we are looking elsewhere and we have been trying to get someone of this type, who is effective for years. We still lack pace. Using Ndiaye on the wings might be playing him out of position as Marseille did.
From my understanding it's not the overall price but the structure of the payments especially the initial fee so unless they budge or we sell a player to have more immediate funds we will have to look elsewhere

Im ok with this, although I like the player we need to do similar to what we did with Philogene. This is what we are willing to pay, if its not enough we move on to another target. Need to stop being so weak in negotiation and toughen up, we may miss out on a few targets in the next couple of windows, but will benefit us long term.
Except we actually need to buy someone. No point in getting to the end of the window without signing someone and being either desperate and way overpaying or not signing anyone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back