Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A deal on the last day of the window written all over it.
If it’s done, Leeds will drag it out. They will try to get as much out of us as possible. Which is fine. If we don’t have another viable target, do what we did with O’Brien and fill the next most important needs until they cave. Don’t leave yourself short chasing after one guy.

In fairness to Leeds, I don't think they've ever moved the goal posts. They've always demanded a high fee and we've always bid low. This is the 3rd window in a row we've bid so we clearly want him. At some point we either need to up our bid or draw a line under it. Leeds aren't going to lower their asking price and fair play to them, he's their player and they can ask for what they want. We're doing the same with United.

From my understanding it's not the overall price but the structure of the payments especially the initial fee so unless they budge or we sell a player to have more immediate funds we will have to look elsewhere

Fair play to Leeds. Asking £25-28mil for him is up to them. If its purely a deal we cant currently do due to them wanting a 50% upfront payment then perhaps we go back for him after a sale or two.

I'm a fan but looking at this from a financial point of view, where do we think his value would be if he signed and had a good season?

Is he a player who could run games for us and penetrate the oppisition defence? Can he combine with Lindstrom & Ndiaye?

I think the answer to both is yes.

I think we have too many egos at GP, we have chased this lad for too long now we should look elsewhere, but won’t.
Leeds want 30 mill we want to pay 25 mill, we will pay 25 mill last minute and Thelwell will bleat on that he has saved us 5 mill!
We are a lot bigger than Leeds and should give them an ultimatum and is they don’t conform move n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back