Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were Leeds, you wouldnt value them the same?

Not even gonna pretend ive watched either of them, im going off numbers alone.

Summerville is 22 and had an utterly outstanding last season 20 goals 9 assists,3762 minutes, so I get the attraction, 4 goals 2 assists as a bit part player in the PL, 1418 minutes.
Gnonto is 20 and had a bit of a damp squib last season, 8 goals, 3 assists, 1863 minutes, 2 goals, 4 assists as a bit part player in the PL, 1353 minutes.

Maybe doesnt make sense when you look at it like that, but Gnonto is 2 years younger.
Summerville doesn't go invisible for 10-15mins at a time during games unlike Gnonto, age doesn't even come into this, Summerville just is a more effective, impactful player and the numbers back that up.

The sticking point is the upfront payment. Always has been. Was the same last season.

West Ham will no doubt be paying a higher fee up front and they've shave a couple mill off for the luxury.

Unfortunately it's a luxury we don't have as our deals need to be structured a certain way.
Yeah thought it was the fee last summer but this time is what you say they want higher upfront fee. Hopefully can see more movement on others now

Leeds needed another decent sale.

Evidently they're reduced their demands for Summerville, as perhaps Everton have been hoping they would for Gnonto.

I still feel we get this done Tim, a fee has been agreed, its just about payment, still think it will happen.
Based on nothing other than my instinct and my general reading of the situation, I dont think it's going to happen at all. We've been trying unsuccessfully to sign him since this time last year so clearly they don't like our offer.

I dont really understand why we haven't went and signed someone else. It's a crucial position in our squad.

We should be looking at other positions if Leeds keep stringing us along. Surely we have some interest in fullbacks somewhere right? It has to get done if we aren’t going 3 at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.