Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine West Ham have been able to pay a fair bit of the Summerville fee up front, but at £25m that's still a very good deal.

Makes things harder but I'm sure Everton have other targets.

Kinda doubt we see new buys before a sale, though.

Based on nothing other than my instinct and my general reading of the situation, I dont think it's going to happen at all. We've been trying unsuccessfully to sign him since this time last year so clearly they don't like our offer.

I dont really understand why we haven't went and signed someone else. It's a crucial position in our squad.
Perhaps we have been unable to identify a player who is available and meets our criteria , and equally importantly actually wants to play for us.

I get the feeling Gnonto is our last target.
Whether or not we sign him we will probably have concluded our business for this window.
Dyche has said basically unless players move on now the the shop is shut. Not that you can always believe these statements from the gaffer, but unless we grab a random loan later on then I actually believe him. The club will be thinking about the positive cash spend.

The Summerville deal may work in our favour depending on if Leeds still want /need to sell Gnonto.

Leeds will have received substantial payments up front from the sales of Gray and Summerville in particular, it may be their cash flow problems have lessened somewhat because of that and may be more open to an Everton style deal now.

The Summerville deal may work in our favour depending on if Leeds still want /need to sell Gnonto.

Leeds will have received substantial payments up front from the sales of Gray and Summerville in particular, it may be their cash flow problems have lessened somewhat because of that and may be more open to an Everton style deal now.
Could of course work the other way now though as well where they refuse to lower their price/sell altogether.

You get the distinct impression that they want to hard ball us as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back