Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's sorted out by getting a quaity right back in who allows any winger to do their job to best effect.
Normally would agree with you Dave - but I don't think that's the way Dyche operates. He prefers his wide forwards to do the attacking and his fullbacks to just defend.. puts a lot of onus on those wide to provide most of the attacking output.

Normally would agree with you Dave - but I don't think that's the way Dyche operates. He prefers his wide forwards to do the attacking and his fullbacks to just defend.. puts a lot of onus on those wide to provide most of the attacking output.
Dyche tucks the FBs in a lot when we're without the ball, but when we do have the ball you have to have competent FBs on both sides to get up and support the attacking midfielders out wide.

Harrison was handed a terrible workload last season and he still, for me, put in a 6/10 shift on average. We cant allow that exposure to happen again.

Another player tipped with a move away from Elland Road this summer when Leeds failed to win promotion was Wilfried Gnonto, whose contract does not have a release clause. Despite pushing for a move last summer and the sale of close friend Summerville, the 20-year-old has been more settled.

Everton were the Italian’s biggest suitors but a deal is not close. Their recent addition of Jesper Lindstrom on loan from Napoli satisfies their need for a winger. Even so, Leeds say they have rejected a £23million offer for Gnonto from Everton, although the Premier League club’s position differs.

Deal seems dead. Move on.

Glad we seemed to have moved on quickly from this. At c.£23m that's definitely the upper limit of his worth currently, so no point in offering more.

Why obsess with this little fella when we play shiteball, hit & hope?
We have Harrison and Maupay already FFS.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back