Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had it then spent it on a backup CB, we would have been better loaning a CB and spending the money on pace imo. Its things like this that don't convince me about Thelwell's approach to squad building at times.
Disagree that on obrien because would have been a choice between holgate and keane for the game today. Imo we needed one to buy as we could be looking for atleast two new cb for the next season. Good have one ready to step up, will agree with the rest i kno is hard with the money here but i still question the job he is doing here. Stulk have areas we need to bring in and as you say if the window ended you would have wanted more

If this is the case mate, its massively stupid squad planning.

That or they are anticipating Branthwaite goes.
I just don't get why we are still ignoring the right side of our team, both at FB and RW, people will say 'oh well we signed up Coleman and Young again for FB' cmon both are done. Patterson is just an enigma and I knew we would resign Harrison again but he is really a left sided player and Lindstrom is better more central. I remain unconvinced at how we actually identify players at times that's all I think it is, hard to see what we are trying to do.

I just don't get why we are still ignoring the right side of our team, both at FB and RW, people will say 'oh well we signed up Coleman and Young again for FB' cmon both are done. Patterson is just an enigma and I knew we would resign Harrison again but he is really a left sided player and Lindstrom is better more central. I remain unconvinced at how we actually identify players at times that's all I think it is, hard to see what we are trying to do.

Hard to disagree we any of that mate, i suppose the only thing is attacking players are expensive and out budget is................but still it makes it more baffling that we went for another center half, when even an expansive full back or a couple are more a priority of limited resources.

The O Brien deal may be a heavily structured one like Beto - while a link to Lyon has emerged since.........(when you think about it).

Hard to disagree we any of that mate, i suppose the only thing is attacking players are expensive and out budget is................but still it makes it more baffling that we went for another center half, when even an expansive full back or a couple are more a priority of limited resources.

The O Brien deal may be a heavily structured one like Beto - while a link to Lyon has emerged since.........
This is why I think we were advertising for an experienced European scout the other week. We still primarily seem to focus on the big 5 leagues and for a club with a tight budget that's a poor strategy imo. We need to be doing the Brighton/Brentford thing of looking in Scandinavia and South America more, look at a player like Gnotno (linked with him loads) he came from Swiss football. I just think we need a bit more out of the box thinking when it comes to stuff like this although I get the impression Thelwell and the rest of the recruitment team at EFC are not those types.

This is why I think we were advertising for an experienced European scout the other week. We still primarily seem to focus on the big 5 leagues and for a club with a tight budget that's a poor strategy imo. We need to be doing the Brighton/Brentford thing of looking in Scandinavia and South America more, look at a player like Gnotno (linked with him loads) he came from Swiss football. I just think we need a bit more out of the box thinking when it comes to stuff like this although I get the impression Thelwell and the rest of the recruitment team at EFC are not those types.

Fair points mate, hard to disagree, they could be proven to be able to spot a young player though in TimO and Chermitti but granted - they weren't that hard to find and is the guts of £25 mill.

Really don’t really like saying it given the sums involved, which are too much, but seemingly the going rate. As long as he goes immediately into the starting 11 (once we have a fit defence worthy of the name) with Ndiaye, I’d go for this one. Have a feeling we aren’t going to be as good defensively this year. We can avoid being pummelled for 85mins and hoping for a set piece if we at least have some threat and pace. Those 2 and Tim, who also likes to turn and go forwards, might at least be less vomit inducing to watch.

If we have any cash and PSR headroom, we will get out bid for any other pace. At least this weird chap seems to want to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.