Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there may be a twist in this yet.

Gnonto will get a huge new contract at Leeds shortly with a low escape clause if they don't get promoted.

Or.

Leeds want to make it look like they have won the battle with the player and then sell on before deadline day....not necessarily to us though.

I just cannot see why the player refused to play, was isolated from the first team squad, put in a transfer request and three days later goes back training as if nothing has happened, it just doesn't make sense.
We might have told him we’ve tried all we can but we’re not paying what Leeds want and have moved on.

There was some racist abuse aimed at him which Leeds immediately called out and quite rightly condemned. I imagine his reintroduction to first team training is in part as statement to their fans that regardless what happens he’s still one of their players and they support him.
If someone offers enough they’ll sell so nothing changes on that front - I just doubt we’ll be able to pay what they want.

Good.

We've got McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison, Iwobi, Dobbin and Gray. There's decent options there when everyone is fit.

Now, use the 25 million sheets you were going to spend on him and get 2 in the positions we desperately need......striker and centre back. Prob have to loan 1 of them.
This is the worry. If they're still pursuing Gnonto then in 2 months we have a minimum of 5 useable wingers, maximum of 7 and potentially gaping holes up top and at the back. Or even worse they bargain bin the weakest parts of our team and we're here again next year depending on our division.

Can’t blame him or us to be honest. We made bids and upped them three times. Leeds have lost a few players and probably need to keep him if they want to get promoted. They simply didn’t want to sell.

He will be 20, with 3 years left. Leeds won’t have to sell. Wilfred wanted to train with the team but his agent has been in his ear.

His friend Summerville is committed to Leeds so that’s a bonus for them if they can keep both.
Those 2 alone will probably not be enough to go up this year, taking into account injuries etc...Leeds has parachute payments this year, less next etc...eventually they will have to sell to build a team to challenge in the championship.

IMG-20230813-WA0001.jpg
Wonder who the negotiator is

I think there may be a twist in this yet.

Or.

Leeds want to make it look like they have won the battle with the player and then sell on before deadline day....not necessarily to us though.

I just cannot see why the player refused to play, was isolated from the first team squad, put in a transfer request and three days later goes back training as if nothing has happened, it just doesn't make sense.
I think the other possibility is that the deal is on and they both need to do some repair work first. Neither side can move ahead comfortably with themselves and with supporters while they’re bitterly separated. They need to be seen making nice, behaving as professionals with one another, and then agreeing that the next offer is to everyone’s satisfaction. Willy bows his head and makes amends, Leeds maximizes the return from Everton, and both sides can shake hands and move on at peace.

Likely? No idea, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Can just imagine Bill toddling about like he's somebody to talk to actual skilled businesspeople and professionals. My word we are in trouble lads

Do you think the Toure and Gnonto situations have appeased the fans, I certainly don't.

I think they have made the situation worse.

Well of course it hasn't, but look at who would of planned this strategy.. keep us on the edge of our seats whilst we Target players we know we aint getting..

To them, it looks like they are doing there job. Just a shame they still hav'nt realised we're not bloody stupid, It won't work on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.