Will Martinez ever lead us to the Champions League?

Will Martinez lead us into the Champions League at any time during his tenure?

• Yes

• No

• Selection of breads and cheeses

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't argue with deluded people much longer, reminds me of the Sunderland fans who insisted they had better players than us despite us finishing above them every season and outplaying them. I think they finally accepted they are crap. Watch more football, there's a very good team in Wales.

in his first season we were all raving about how fantastic the football was, it was a breath of fresh air, it was our best season in god knows how long and it was our best points haul since last winning the league... And we still only finished 5th.

Shows how tough it is.

I can't argue with deluded people much longer, reminds me of the Sunderland fans who insisted they had better players than us despite us finishing above them every season and outplaying them. I think they finally accepted they are crap. Watch more football, there's a very good team in Wales.

Yeah I can imagine that would be very annoying.

The difference between us and Sunderland mate is that aside from last year we finished above you and beat you every single time we played. YOU are the Sunderland fan in the Swansea v. Everton debate that exists solely in your head.

Swansea are fine. But us finishing above Man U a year ago and beating them a bunch doesn't mean we will finish above them this year. If you look at Man U's recent history I'd be deluded to suggest we will finish above them because of one freak year.

Honestly mate I'd happily bet you any amount of money and/or mars bars you want we will finish above the Swans this year. As would almost everyone here.

You, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham, Sunderland, Stoke ... all of you think you're better than us and yet almost every single year we finish above the lot of you. One good year didn't make us a permanent CL team and one disastrous year for us doesn't make you better than us.

To answer the thread question: probably not but it's obviously possible since he got us a CL point total. So everything breaks right? Sure why not. I do think this year will be good. No Europe will help a lot.

Last edited:

I really cant see it but with the current regime I doubt any manager could.The real puzzler for me is what will be next seasons buzz word Phenomenal is so last year and I have it on good authority that Roberto has several words under consideration ,extraordinary,astounding ,magnificent,and sensational are his favourites but he may just settle for crap.

Woah, are you the dude that spouts deluded crap all over here when you are on a good run then, when it get's real and you get hammered you are no where to be seen.

Typical Plastic fan

batista_applause.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back