Will Martinez ever lead us to the Champions League?

Will Martinez lead us into the Champions League at any time during his tenure?

• Yes

• No

• Selection of breads and cheeses

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With how much money the teams around us are throwing about it might be hard to even qualify for the Europa never mind the Champions League.

With how much money the teams around us are throwing about it might be hard to even qualify for the Europa never mind the Champions League.
Anyone can overpay for mediocre talent, not how we roll. We have a good core of players that would demand big bucks if they were to go anywhere else, but because they play for us already it is forgotten about. How many players have West Ham for example got that would demand £20 million plus? We already have Coleman, Stones, McCarthy, Barkley, Miralles and Lukaku that would piss it. So they need to make a few more signings before we start flappin.

Anyone can overpay for mediocre talent, not how we roll. We have a good core of players that would demand big bucks if they were to go anywhere else, but because they play for us already it is forgotten about. How many players have West Ham for example got that would demand £20 million plus? We already have Coleman, Stones, McCarthy, Barkley, Miralles and Lukaku that would piss it. So they need to make a few more signings before we start flappin.

I wouldn't expect any player from West Ham to go for over £20m but at the same time we had all of those players you listed last season and we finished above West Ham by a single goal. I mean you look at Palace and there is only Bolasie who would even get in our team (Cabaye now as well) yet they somehow managed to finish above us by a point. There is still time left of course but we need to start freshening up a few areas of the squad, one of two injuries in key areas and we are back to relying on Naismith for our goals.

Yes. And it's pretty obvious who when you think about it.

Can't believe people are still biting. LOL

It'd be pretty impressive dedication to a multi account from whoever you're referring to here, as he's also got accounts on numerous other forums e.g. barcaforum.

Boss man showing Naismith how you pass a ball.

JS68181004.jpg

It's going to be arsenal Chelsea and the manchester clubs the vast majority of the time until they stop spending boat loads of money (arsenal less so)

It's an honest no from me.
Thought we had a chance at start of last season,
Following the great season the year before but again the everton way we missed the boat
Seventh place cup at best sorry.
But me and my lads will be there again as ever.
Utd at home easy win followed by someone [Poor language removed] lose
Can't wait for the season to start COYB

its no for me. but fopr different reasons (not the qulaity of the manager lol )

when the team that pips you to 4th goes and signs a sanchez player and moves up, then the 4th place team goes and signs a depay/schweinsteiger and plan to sign more then you know the league is effectively over.

not being defeatist, but those sorts of players would walk into our first 11, and those clubs take the ones who will walk into theirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back