Will Martinez ever lead us to the Champions League?

Will Martinez lead us into the Champions League at any time during his tenure?

• Yes

• No

• Selection of breads and cheeses

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a squad that could, but it would take a beast of a season to achieve it.
I can't see it tbh, not even close.

The sad thing is that after his first season it looked very likely. I remember when McGeady opened the scoring against Leicester on the opening day last season and thinking 'maybe it'll just be dead easy to support Everton from now on?'

No.

Simple as that. We are signing Aaron lennon and Tom cleverley from the teams above us, they are signing schwienstieger/hazard/costa/benteke/ozil/ bruyne quality of player.

What do you realistically expect?

Benteke errrr think Lukaku was a better buy anyways, as for ozil - have i missed the season he played a blinder or something, cos last i saw he's inconsistant and divides arsenals fans never mind anyone elses

Don't think so, and not because of they teams above us. The teams around us strengthened considerably, think it might just prove too difficult

Does that actually change anything for us though mate, just means teams above us will likely drop more points also really, a tighter league besides for city who will run away with it

I suppose perfect scenarios do happen. We'd have to perform outstandingly like in his first season and a couple of others would have to falter.

More inclined to think we could get in through the Europa League though. FA Cup here we come!

Btw, how many of our lads would top 4 teams buy like a shot if we said they were available

The answer should tell you that theirs genuine quality in this team just like any of the other teams with top 4 potential.

Oh yeah, think Martinez will do it, this or next season

To answer your question, three maybe four at a push? If we didn't ask a lot of money for them.

Think it would have to be the perfect storm type of scenario similar to the RS almost winning the league,we would need 4/5 players to have brilliant season,few injuries,a lot of luck and the top four teams to slip rather like Chelsea at the moment

Think it would have to be the perfect storm type of scenario similar to the RS almost winning the league,we would need 4/5 players to have brilliant season,few injuries,a lot of luck and the top four teams to slip rather like Chelsea at the moment

Also we'd need no euro footy as well, whilst they all had those extra games etc, bit like we have now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back