Would you circumcise your son if given the chance?

Would you circumcise your newborn?

• Yes

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 91.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple yes or no question, but considering the health benefits of circumcision, would you circumcise your newborn son?
shocked-shocked-face.gif

It's male genital mutilation performed on a person unable to consent.

There's a small percentage of people for whom it would be medically indicated and for which it should be acceptable practice.

Mutilating babies for religious reasons is abhorrent and should be made illegal and with strong punishments given to the person performing the circumcision and the parents giving consent.

What exactly are the alleged health benefits of this male mutilation?

Anything that may be better than my daily routine with carbolic soap and a stiff scrubbing brush?

Got mine done in my teens due to a tight foreskin and I'll be honest I haven't missed it one bit.

Think its wrong to do for religious/vanity reasons especially if they are too young to consent.

People's religious beliefs shouldn't be able to override basic principles of law and humanity.

If you cut part of your son's penis off because you just felt like it you would be arrested. But ok, religion.

All animals need to be stunned before slaughter or it is animal cruelty. Except for religion.

It's either cruelty or its not. It's either a brutal act of child violence or it isn't.

Religious practices need to absorb and be consistent with the laws of the country they live.

I'd take every circumsised child into social services and never let the parents see them again.

People's religious beliefs shouldn't be able to override basic principles of law and humanity.

If you cut part of your son's penis off because you just felt like it you would be arrested. But ok, religion.

All animals need to be stunned before slaughter or it is animal cruelty. Except for religion.

It's either cruelty or its not. It's either a brutal act of child violence or it isn't.

Religious practices need to absorb and be consistent with the laws of the country they live.

I'd take every circumsised child into social services and never let the parents see them again.
My son is circumsised. As am I. No idea why my parents got me chopped, the doctor actually advised us to get our son done.

But what a very, very odd thread to start lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back