Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Rom is still trying to bring bigger clubs to the table.

He said he wants to go on holiday, and is then tweeting more stuff. So obvious that we are the only offer on the table for him at the moment.

He likes the sound of his own voice/tweet/ego...Everton should give him a timescale to make his decision and then back away and look at other targets. No way should we let him dictate our transfers. Put up or shut up imo

He does like to talk a lot, doesn't he? I can see what Mourinho was talking about, now. Still, would love us to get him. He's very confident in his ability, which is great, but needs to improve certain parts of him game if he's to reach his potential. It'd be superb if he could do that with us. 22m Bill, get the offer in and give him a week to make a decision if it's accepted.

I think we are underestimating our manager. I highly doubt all his eggs are in one basket with no back up plan. People are panicking over nothing and if Lukaku doesn't come then we shall carry on as always. Everton are we not!!

Looks like Rom is still trying to bring bigger clubs to the table.

He said he wants to go on holiday, and is then tweeting more stuff. So obvious that we are the only offer on the table for him at the moment.

Yep, he been sayin he wants to play Champion League, well that rules us out

It's alright Rom saying all this stuff but he does talk a lot we all know that.

Needs to let his play do the talking.

What's to say its not all mind games for a 'bigger' club to come in for him?

And if it's not, what CL clubs would be interested in him? Juventus, Atletico (neither play in the best league in the world)...

if we bag "the Kak" then the sky's the limit for us

he's a bit of a sniffer we all know that, but he loves to put the onion in the box and that's what we want from our strike force

I'm not as arsed any more. If he wants to go and play for a Champions League club then fine, but he may not be first choice. Here he'd be first choice and adored by the fans.

Thing is the list of champions league clubs that need a guaranteed starting striker and has £20m to give for one is very short. I'd love to have him here but i also agree that if he is indeed messing us about whilst waiting for someone else to come in then we should forget him, albeit with a heavy heart

We need to sign this guy if possible proven in the prem - a great investment if we can get him then worthwhile at 20 million to 24 million - play the youngsters in the Europa - and a few loan players and a playmaker in midfield we should have the cash - ask BK!

There is an offer in for him, from us Lukaku has even admitted it.

If he went to Spurs for £20m this place would be in melt down!!!

I usually tend to think of myself as fairly calm and level-headed ... but yeah if he went to non-CL Spurs for "just" 20m I would lose my mind. Spurs seem to make an offer for every decent player in the league as a matter of course though so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As for the whole "if he doesn't want us (by July 8th and less than a week after leaving the WC) then forget about it we should move on" I'm not sure that's the best course of action. We might be moving on to complete crap. It's possible the "delay" in getting players in isn't even related to Rom -- we leave it late almost every single year.

He's worth waiting a few more weeks of no signings. We've all waited longer than that for signings and didn't get a Lukaku at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back