Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walter Smith had no money. He spent on Dacourt, Collins, Materazzi, then within 3 months there was no chairman. Duncan Ferguson was sold behind his back. FFS. No leadership. He had to sell all his signings. Moyes had Rooney. Smith is the real saviour for keeping us up and never under him were we thought of a small club fighting above our weight. We were thought of as a sleeping giant doing badly and underachieving and he was thought of as a failure. Moyes worked to destroy all that but luckily RM IS NOW IN CHARGE!

Moyes undid the work Smith did?

LOL

So much wrong with this post that you can only be a troll fishing.

Moyes took us to a certain point, well from 17th to 4th to be precise, but he didnt have the tactical nous, nor the required player management to take us that step further, its likely Martinez will, if he operates successfully in the transfer market. Im glad we have Martinez, hes certainly making the right moves and has the motivation that I feel Moyes lacked near the end of his tenure.

But to suggest that Moyes "took us backwards" is laughable.

If Smith had had Rooney, we'd probably finish top 8 the next season. Just my IMO. Don't call me a troll for having an opinion and don't forget Moyes took us to our lowest ever points tally in a season and finished 17th. Moyes is old school. Moyes signed Phil Neville. Walter Smith signed Olivier Dacourt and Marco Materazzi. hmmmmmm.....You must be a very very young Everton fan. I guess you're under 28.

Smith took over from Kendall who had crap like Carl Tiler in his squad. Smith made sensible, cheap signings like Alan Stubbs, and David Weir, and Richard Gough that kept us up, not to mention Kevin Campbell. That kept us up. You have no clue. Who signed Lee Carsley?

Very hard to think of many good smith signings though

Materazzi and Dacourt - Yes.

But at the same time he bought some absolute donkeys and wasted alot of money. Also the football was awful and he plqyed steve watson up front....

I think smith is a money manager, should have stayed at rangers and hed have been a legend there.

If Smith had had Rooney, we'd probably finish top 8 the next season. Just my IMO. Don't call me a troll for having an opinion and don't forget Moyes took us to our lowest ever points tally in a season and finished 17th. Moyes is old school. Moyes signed Phil Neville. Walter Smith signed Olivier Dacourt and Marco Materazzi. hmmmmmm.....You must be a very very young Everton fan. I guess you're under 28.

Er, this has taken an unexpected and unpleasant turn for the worse.

Not sure where the respective merits of previous managers belong in a "should we buy Lukaku" thread.

Thanks.

Smith took over from Kendall who had crap like Carl Tiler in his squad. Smith made sensible, cheap signings like Alan Stubbs, and David Weir, and Richard Gough that kept us up, not to mention Kevin Campbell. That kept us up. You have no clue. Who signed Lee Carsley?[/QU
During that time Everton’s classy midfield player, Olivier Dacourt gave an interview to a French soccer magazine during which he said:
*** **’Mr Smith told me to go out and foul players. When I asked him about yellow and red cards the gaffer replied; “you don’t worry about yellow and red cards, I’ll worry about red and yellow cards”‘.

http://toffeeweb.com/players/transfers.php

It's funny how WS' period in Everton history is used a scapegoat.
Look at how much he spent, in how long, and how he kept us up, and compare that to the squad HK left him.

Then compare the squad WS left David Moyes - Plus the Rooney factor - which Moyes totally ruined for true everton fans. And how much Moyes had to spend. When Smith had no money, he was creative, cheap, free transfers, loans etc. Gough, Campbell, Weir, Joe Max Mooree, whether you wanna hate or not, Gascoigne and Ginola are ex- Everton players. What did Moyes do? Spend his entire budget on Fellaini. lol And then not make a transfer for what two years? lol

Wrong.

Toodles.

What player could we realistically sign if we dont get him? Similar age and same kind of price range up to 25mil say?

I have no idea myself.
volland-1375019410_zoom31_crop_600x450_600x450+102+20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back