Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF they do a lot right.

Stands to reason many would take an interest.
15th, 16th, 9th, 6th, 11th

'Meh' finishes for the best ran club in the world!
4 of them we would shrug our shoulders at and we are probably the poorest ran club in the league.

Well, this was before that loan/July 2021;

View attachment 261945

It was obvious how much of a talent he was - more than "capable"

Loaning players there for development/increasing profile is clever - I think Branthwaite went there to improve ability on the ball/time you get there.

But signing attacking players from PSV/Feyenoord/Ajax/Eredivisie is risky business.

I mean, Luuk de Jong scored 29 league goals+15 assists last season. Vangelis Pavlidis also scored 29.

Too many players - wingers/attackers look good there. El Ghazi springs to mind.

Again, not seen the lad kick a ball. If we do sign him, just hope he's Kudus like and not like the majority who flatter to deceive outside that league because the reported fee is a big one, and resale value is vital.
Suarez, Van Nistlerooy, Van Persie, Gakpo, Kudus, Eriksen. Just off the top of my head, players who have done well after being in the Dutch league.
Granted they weren't single season loanees, but you can still earn your straps in Holland and hit the ground running in England.

He's certainly a punt but I think regardless we need a bit of excitement in attack since our entire offense is very, very basic.
Does Dyche want that though?

do we end up with another Danjuma situation were he prefers work rate & consistency for flair and easy on the eye forwards?

It would be completely pointless and a waste of money if Dyche doesn't use him properly

Suarez, Van Nistlerooy, Van Persie, Gakpo, Kudus, Eriksen. Just off the top of my head, players who have done well after being in the Dutch league.
Granted they weren't single season loanees, but you can still earn your straps in Holland and hit the ground running in England.
2 in the last 10 years!

Its a regular conveyor belt

Thats obviously looking at it the wrong way round though isn't it. Its not the case that no good players have ever played in the netherlands its that its difficult to tell how good somebody is when theyre coming from there.

do we end up with another Danjuma situation were he prefers work rate & consistency for flair and easy on the eye forwards?

It would be completely pointless and a waste of money if Dyche doesn't use him properly
I get the concern with this angle.

Though the flip side would be, Danjuma didn’t really produce when he played. If and it’s of course a massive if, Minteh produces when he has minutes, Dyche will be more inclined to start him.

But that’s circumstantial and maybes. I do get the concern in general though. He does love Harrison on the right. McNeil is a lock on the left right now (which is fair enough).

Maybe by virtue of the fact Minteh is left footed and an actual right winger where Danjuma was not could also be a difference maker

It's a fair question, but Dyche did sign Cornet for Burnley, with I assume that he wanted more diverse attacking options. So it's reasonable that Dyche would be keen on him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back