Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another niggling thing to me.

Does Thelwell genuinely want him or is it an opportunistic pick from a limited shortlist. Last summer he could only get players like Beto who were available for sod all upfront.

The fee still matters a great deal when it comes to resale.

Could say the same for Iroegbunam too. I believe these are players Thelwell likes and appreciates but I don't know if they're signings we'd make if PSR wasn't up our arse. Seems like all the clubs under pressure have got together and offered up their cards.

Thing is though, this deal only happens (IMO) with Dom going back for a similar fee. So how much really is this kid costing us?

If he was just a straight up £30m transfer but I don't view it that way.
It is almost less about fee and more about PSR. Newcastle don’t need money they need PSR freedom. We aren’t awash with cash but have just had the MSP loan repaid and new owners on the horizon.

That's another niggling thing to me.

Does Thelwell genuinely want him or is it an opportunistic pick from a limited shortlist. Last summer he could only get players like Beto who were available for sod all upfront.

The fee still matters a great deal when it comes to resale.

Graeme Bailey (who's admittedly hit and miss) mentioned us as interested before he initially went to Newcastle last season. Would have to hope he's someone we've tracked for some time.

It's a strange one, I suppose the way to look at it is, Calvert Lewin is out of contract at the end of the season and earns about 100 k per week. If this plays out the way people have been saying, we get a promising, fast, tricky winger on a long term contract on probably half of Calvert Lewin's wages. Not ideal, but, it has to be better than letting him run his contract down.

Graeme Bailey (who's admittedly hit and miss) mentioned us as interested before he initially went to Newcastle last season. Would have to hope he's someone we've tracked for some time.

Thanks

90Min though - they tend to just lash a load of clubs in just to get in more feeds/more clicks...

Weirdly, I feel like there'd be less skeptism for him if he came from an even worse league like Scandinavia.

Brighton have had success signing players from Norwegian league and sending them to Belgium for a year.
While being seen as lower level, the Allsvenskan and Superettan leagues in Sweden are very entertaining in my opinion. Been a few games over there and watched a bit online. Sadly for the Swedish league, once a decent player apperas the bigger European clubs come in for them. I enjoy it though, never over hyped and far less rolling around to con the ref.

Weirdly, I feel like there'd be less skeptism for him if he came from an even worse league like Scandinavia.

Brighton have had success signing players from Norwegian league and sending them to Belgium for a year.
He wouldn't be costing 30 mil if he was coming from there thats why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back