Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did Branthwaite prove himself a capable player? 🤔

Well, this was before that loan/July 2021;

1719217465766.png

It was obvious how much of a talent he was - more than "capable"

Loaning players there for development/increasing profile is clever - I think Branthwaite went there to improve ability on the ball/time you get there.

But signing attacking players from PSV/Feyenoord/Ajax/Eredivisie is risky business.

I mean, Luuk de Jong scored 29 league goals+15 assists last season. Vangelis Pavlidis also scored 29.

Too many players - wingers/attackers look good there. El Ghazi springs to mind.

Again, not seen the lad kick a ball. If we do sign him, just hope he's Kudus like and not like the majority who flatter to deceive outside that league because the reported fee is a big one, and resale value is vital.

View attachment 261945

Loaning players there for development/increasing profile is clever - I think Branthwaite went there to improve ability on the ball/time you get there.

But signing attacking players from PSV/Feyenoord/Ajax/Eredivisie is risky business.

I mean, Luuk de Jong scored 29 league goals+15 assists last season. Vangelis Pavlidis also scored 29.

Again, not seen the lad kick a ball. If we do sign him, just hope he's Kudus like and not like the majority who flatter to deceive outside that league because the reported fee is a big one, and resale value is vital.

I think it's easier to pick on people that do well out there and flop here (Antony etc.) but there have also been MANY amazing Eredevisie players in the PL.

I think it's easier to pick on people that do well out there and flop here (Antony etc.) but there have also been MANY amazing Eredevisie players in the PL.

Loads easier, being my entire point - really.

On the plus, Thelwell clearly saw something in Kudus so hopefully we've seen traits in his game that we think are well suited as Kudus is.

But the sample they'd base that on is small - given not many games.

View attachment 261945

I think alot of that is correct, Sinisterra is a good example of that, i think its probably the same to be said for France/Belgium/Switzerland too.
General rule of thumb these positions are probably the hardest to get right in the Premier League. People have spent millions trying to get the new Salah before anyone else.

Loads easier, being my entire point - really.

On the plus, Thelwell clearly saw something in Kudus so hopefully we've seen traits in his game that we think are well suited as Kudus is.

But the sample they'd base that on is small - given not many games.

He's certainly a punt but I think regardless we need a bit of excitement in attack since our entire offense is very, very basic.

Thing is though, this deal only happens (IMO) with Dom going back for a similar fee. So how much really is this kid costing us?

If he was just a straight up £30m transfer but I don't view it that way.

That's another niggling thing to me.

Does Thelwell genuinely want him or is it an opportunistic pick from a limited shortlist. Last summer he could only get players like Beto who were available for sod all upfront.

The fee still matters a great deal when it comes to resale.

There's a hell of a lot of bums that have played in the Dutch league but Dan Ashworth liked him enough to spend 7 million on him from Denmark and the only lad our scouts have liked coming out of Holland was Kudus so they are 2 plus points for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back