Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a strange one, I suppose the way to look at it is, Calvert Lewin is out of contract at the end of the season and earns about 100 k per week. If this plays out the way people have been saying, we get a promising, fast, tricky winger on a long term contract on probably half of Calvert Lewin's wages. Not ideal, but, it has to be better than letting him run his contract down.
This is my perspective also. In addition, it’s not like we don’t need wide players, I’d say the front 4 (LW, RW, CF & Doucoure) were our weak points last year - so we shift a striker who is OOC next year for a pacy talented young wide player… creating one issue (lack of a cf we have confidence in) and solving about 5 (PSR, DCL potentially going for zero, pace out wide, net wages down, replacement for dobbin in squad)

This is my perspective also. In addition, it’s not like we don’t need wide players, I’d say the front 4 (LW, RW, CF & Doucoure) were our weak points last year - so we shift a striker who is OOC next year for a pacy talented young wide player… creating one issue (lack of a cf we have confidence in) and solving about 5 (PSR, DCL potentially going for zero, pace out wide, net wages down, replacement for dobbin in squad)
Yeah. We do need a striker though. Beto is poop

Still long way to go with the deal will be a certain number they want for him. Dont think it will be a high as 40 as reports say, but still feel will could be similar to gnonto 30-35

I think it's easier to pick on people that do well out there and flop here (Antony etc.) but there have also been MANY amazing Eredevisie players in the PL.
Not exactly amazing but found a few current starters

Alvarez at West Ham
Bassey at Fulham
Madueke at Chelsea
Kerkez at Bournemouth

Buy back clauses are almost never triggered at that sort of value because it has to be paid up front.

Shouldnt be an issue for Newcastle if that was the case.

Plenty of people on here slag off the erieivisie and state they would score 50 goals a season in that league

Should we really be looking to pay Newcastle’s asking price of 40 mil for an unproven winger with no prem experience

Asking price means little in this case. Its basically a DCL swap in all but name. The fees are fabricated to benefit us both on PSR.

Look at Branthwaite he went and excelled there on a loan & come back and hit the ground running, the same could happen with Minteh

I posted the other day that he and Branthwaite look similiar in terms of having all the tools -- but needing to improve their decision making. That improved when Branthwaite went to Holland on loan, perhaps the same has happened to Minteh.

Dont think we will be in for him at 40 but 20-30 maybe whatever money we bid gnonto and that asprilla

See my post above -- just fabricated fees to help with both clubs PSR.

I get the feeling Newcastle and Everton all along have planned for a Dom/Minteh swap but need to feed outside rumours in to make it seem less set up.

It does appear that way. Hopefully this double deal is all done and confirmed this week.

Oh my god we've used the Premier League Experience card in reverse. What is this brave, new Everton?!

Thelwell impressing his new overlords.

Apologies for the other thread.
I have the original poster along with maybe 50 more in an ever growing list on ignore. So it's nothing personal 🤣

Me too

Sorry . Had to hit show ignored content to read this reply 😜

Moi aussi

Well, this was before that loan/July 2021;

View attachment 261945

It was obvious how much of a talent he was - more than "capable"

Loaning players there for development/increasing profile is clever - I think Branthwaite went there to improve ability on the ball/time you get there.

But signing attacking players from PSV/Feyenoord/Ajax/Eredivisie is risky business.

I mean, Luuk de Jong scored 29 league goals+15 assists last season. Vangelis Pavlidis also scored 29.

Too many players - wingers/attackers look good there. El Ghazi springs to mind.

Again, not seen the lad kick a ball. If we do sign him, just hope he's Kudus like and not like the majority who flatter to deceive outside that league because the reported fee is a big one, and resale value is vital.

A few of us saw excellence in Branthwaite.

Many were slating him wanting £15mil.

I think he just means the feeling of we are going to get him and then we do an Everton and offer them 10 tesco brand beans.
I suppose it comes down to what happens with DCL but it's a massive coup if we get this player (I don't think some realise this) he is seen as a similar player to what Mane was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back