Ziyech was good
Kuyt had a good career
Blind
Staam
Bony was good
Senesi is good
Tadic was good
Vertonghen
Aldweireld (2 year stint in Spain after)
13 of you list of 20 are from 10 or more years ago

Tadic wasn't good for Saints (he was for Ajax, but not for Southampton)
I'd argue the same with Ziyech

Sensei, Alvarez & Martinez (why are united wanting Branthwaite?) have done ok

That leaves Kudus

13 of you list of 20 are from 10 or more years ago

Tadic wasn't good for Saints (he was for Ajax, but not for Southampton)
I'd argue the same with Ziyech

Sensei, Alvarez & Martinez (why are united wanting Branthwaite?) have done ok

That leaves Kudus

I mean what you consider good is subjective.

You also didn't tell me when I was allowed to pick players from.

This also isn't an exhaustive list of every hit from the Eredivisie.

Good players come from the Dutch league. Not sure what your problem is this morning but I suggest maybe going for a walk as you seem really angry and are getting a pummelling on here.

I mean what you consider good is subjective.

You also didn't tell me when I was allowed to pick players from.

This also isn't an exhaustive list of every hit from the Eredivisie.

Good players come from the Dutch league. Not sure what your problem is this morning but I suggest maybe going for a walk as you seem really angry and are getting a pummelling on here.
Think your misinterpreting a conversation or a debate for an argument mate.

Think your misinterpreting a conversation or a debate for an argument mate.

I mean it's not really a debate. I showed you successful exports from the Eredivisie, other people have done the same, now you're complaining they weren't in the last few years like that actually makes a difference.

Give it up, send a few more exclamation marks, move on.

I mean it's not really a debate. I showed you successful exports from the Eredivisie, other people have done the same, now you're complaining they weren't in the last few years like that actually makes a difference.

Give it up, send a few more exclamation marks, move on.
I'd say it does make a difference.
Football evolves with science, medicine, scouting, stats etc, you can even look at the way tactics evolve.

Someone like James Rodrigues said that the 'number 10' position was dead, and that's due to the evolution of wide forwards and 4-3-3

I'm not saying they would fail in todays game but, a good amount of players in your list are players of that ilk, would a Van der Vaart or Sneijder be as good as they were in todays game with the pace & physicality being higher than ever.
You go back to the list of failed players from the likes of the Eredivise and it tends to end up being players who cant find a position, or the game is to quick/physical for them.

I'm not trying to stir up an argument mate, just pulling up a few different points in terms of recruitment, that there isn't/shouldn't be pigeonholed into specific boxes (e.g the eredivise is a talent conveyor belt, the same for the championship)

I'd say it does make a difference.
Football evolves with science, medicine, scouting, stats etc, you can even look at the way tactics evolve.

Someone like James Rodrigues said that the 'number 10' position was dead, and that's due to the evolution of wide forwards and 4-3-3

I'm not saying they would fail in todays game but, a good amount of players in your list are players of that ilk, would a Van der Vaart or Sneijder be as good as they were in todays game with the pace & physicality being higher than ever.
You go back to the list of failed players from the likes of the Eredivise and it tends to end up being players who cant find a position, or the game is to quick/physical for them.

I'm not trying to stir up an argument mate, just pulling up a few different points in terms of recruitment, that there isn't/shouldn't be pigeonholed into specific boxes (e.g the eredivise is a talent conveyor belt, the same for the championship)

I didn't even name these two players???

Are you telling me a Bergkamp, an Overmars, an Arjen Robben would struggle in today's game...

Whatever happens, he'll either sign by the end of the week, or we won't be signing him at all.
Definitely this. The only reason they are shifting him is for pure profit on PSR before June 30th. They are reluctantly sacrificing for that sole purpose. If he doesn’t move before the 30th then they’ll have zero reason or incentive to lose him.

I didn't even name these two players???

Are you telling me a Bergkamp, an Overmars, an Arjen Robben would struggle in today's game...
'I'm not saying they would fail in todays game'

Overmars & Robben if anything would be better due to those wide forwards not being wide midfielders.

But you cant base what work now on what happened 20-30 years ago.

Its like saying we should go look at what Celtic have because Kenny Dalglish was ace

'I'm not saying they would fail in todays game'

Overmars & Robben if anything would be better due to those wide forwards not being wide midfielders.

But you cant base what work now on what happened 20-30 years ago.

Its like saying we should go look at what Celtic have because Kenny Dalglish was ace

I mean why shouldn't we pull players from the SPL if they're good? Doesn't matter what league someone comes from if they're producing and pass the eye test. You can only play against what's in front of you.

If we only stuck to signing players from the Top 5 leagues we'd get nowhere as a club and business.

Plus many, many transfers from established leagues have also flopped.

The Dutch were crap for a few years so they sent crap players. Guys like de Jong, Klaasen, van de Beek obviously didn't have the physical characteristics to play in this league.

I know this is slanted towards attacking players, but van de Ven, Botman, Malacia, Gravenburch, Gakpo, Kerkez, Kudus etc have no such physical limitations and have done well or will do when when not injured. Lisandro Martinez and Antony have flopped, but again, obvious physical limitations.

I mean why shouldn't we pull players from the SPL if they're good? Doesn't matter what league someone comes from if they're producing and pass the eye test. You can only play against what's in front of you.

If we only stuck to signing players from the Top 5 leagues we'd get nowhere as a club and business.

Plus many, many transfers from established leagues have also flopped.
It sort of does though doesn't it. I wouldn't go and buy Paul Mullin despite him tearing it up in the conference.

Your original statement goes back to stating that the Eredivise is a good league to go find talent from and there are far more hits then misses. I'd say scoring 10-15 goals in that league probably isn't something you should be judging a player on based on recent players leaving that league who have done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.