Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm like some old toad now wanting to know that we've gotten value for money and decent players when we sign anyone.

Year upon year of making dud and underwhelming signings have left their mark. What happened to signing someone that was able to come straight into the team and make an impact immediately? Most of them are still settling in and adapting 2 or 3 years in.

Onana is the prime example. He should be the driving force in our team. The only exception is Branthwaite. He fully justifies the sort of fee we would demand. Let's hope we keep him for a while.

They are forcing him out but still want a lot of money for him. Doubt he really wants to go anywhere.

I'm like some old toad now wanting to know that we've gotten value for money and decent players when we sign anyone.

Year upon year of making dud and underwhelming signings have left their mark. What happened to signing someone that was able to come straight into the team and make an impact immediately? Most of them are still settling in and adapting 2 or 3 years in.

Onana is the prime example. He should be the driving force in our team. The only exception is Branthwaite. He fully justifies the sort of fee we would demand. Let's hope we keep him for a while.
I'm the same. The thing with an Onana though is whether you think he's played well or not he's been a good signing in that we will make some money on him. Similar to players like moise kean and vlasic in the past.

I'm hoping this guy will be similar (and Ndiaye). Think the key will be not giving them mental wages.

I think we were happy to do the deal if they valued DCL at roughly the same money so it essentially becomes a swap deal. Sounds like Newcastle are valuing this lad high and DCL low and we’re therefore probably asking for a decent chunk of cash in addition to DCL. So far it seems that Thelwell has learned from last summer and the club have got finances in enough shape that we are no longer in a position to be bullied into under valuing players before the June accounts close. Man Utd tried to call our bluff on Branthwaite, had we sold him at the offer they made (sub £45 million) I think all Everton fans would have been raging.

I think we were happy to do the deal if they valued DCL at roughly the same money so it essentially becomes a swap deal. Sounds like Newcastle are valuing this lad high and DCL low and we’re therefore probably asking for a decent chunk of cash in addition to DCL. So far it seems that Thelwell has learned from last summer and the club have got finances in enough shape that we are no longer in a position to be bullied into under valuing players before the June accounts close. Man Utd tried to call our bluff on Branthwaite, had we sold him at the offer they made (sub £45 million) I think all Everton fans would have been raging.

This guy hasn't played a minute, for them or ever played in the Premier league. Had one good loan, in another country and they value him at £40 million? They only paid £6 million a year ago.

Really think, we've lost it if we buy him for that.
Get Jim Ratface on the phone, I'm sure he'd be glad to offer £27 and a bag of beef monster munch for him.

Maybe this premier league letter will make Newcastle drop they price a little to be more realistic…doubt it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back