Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see us or Newcastle dropping the valuations significantly enough for this to work, which is fair enough on both ends. Still, at least we’ll have a saga up to the quasi transfer deadline on the 30th

Is this lad actually any good, I can see he is young and had a good season in Holland, but it’s a big jump the PL and to swap our main striker for him, seems a little bit of a gamble. I suppose we are doing it more so if Dom won’t re-sign.

Can’t see us or Newcastle dropping the valuations significantly enough for this to work, which is fair enough on both ends. Still, at least we’ll have a saga up to the quasi transfer deadline on the 30th

I think they’ll make it happen. DCL won’t sign a new contract. They need the sale. I think a compromise will be reached with both clubs agreeing to pay £30m+ for the books to add up

Is this lad actually any good, I can see he is young and had a good season in Holland, but it’s a big jump the PL and to swap our main striker for him, seems a little bit of a gamble. I suppose we are doing it more so if Dom won’t re-sign.
Probably one of the highest rated youngsters in his position around atm, would be a massive coup if we got him (which I don't think some realise)

The below is from a work colleague who is a Feyenord season ticket holder.

Started off as a boy but matured pretty fast. didn't really look at all the options when he would drible into the box from the right side and only had eyes for the goal even in impossible positions. Arne beat it out of him though and he became a reliable right winger with a fantastic shot and good crosses. Still young and will grow fast. Could become the new Salah for sure. Next to that, really nice guy

Does this not all feel really weird?
Feels weird because this time we're the ones taking advantage of another teams PSR struggles.

Feels too good to be true, and a bit of an alien concept that we could be making such astute moves in the summer market

Let's see what happens.

Feels like a long shot but in Thelwell we trust….

Key point is to walk away quickly if it doesn’t work - we can’t afford to have any drawn out transfer sagas.

Had a superb season at Feyenoord under Slot. Scored 11 goals in 37 appearances from the wing and won the Dutch cup with them. Before Newcastle bought him he'd been playing in the Danish super league. Still only 19 years old & a full Gambian international already.

Can't stand Newcastle by any means, but they are a prime example of how FFP is there to protect bigger clubs, not financial protection.

Newcastle have the richest owners in world football, yet they are scrambling round to sell players before 30th June, just to meet FFP deadlines.

This guy, tim, ndiaye...

Damn exciting young talent we could be getting our hands on.

If I hadnt been hurt so many times before then I might be getting a little bit optimistic about the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back