Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a straight choice between Minteh and DCL then I'd retain DCL every time.
I would 100% agree if he wasn’t in the last 12 months of his contract with no intention of signing.

But it does change things with it being so

I take your point if DCL insists upon leaving, however, I'd hope he'd stay with the right financial offer

If you could guarantee he'd stay, I might agree, but otherwise it's a gamble the club can't afford to take

Everton are not in a position where we can allow one of our few really valuable assets to leave for nothing, so the relative merits of either player have to come second to that financial reality

Seen a post on twitter, fee agreed for £40million and paid in instalments. Trying to find the post but the newsfeed has refreshed. Could be bubbles though…

Seen a post on twitter, fee agreed for £40million and paid in instalments. Trying to find the post but the newsfeed has refreshed. Could be bubbles though…
It's already been posted in the Transfer thread mate. The source isn't the most watertight however.

If you could guarantee he'd stay, I might agree, but otherwise it's a gamble the club can't afford to take

Everton are not in a position where we can allow one of our few really valuable assets to leave for nothing, so the relative merits of either player have to come second to that financial reality
I wish that i could guarantee he'd stay.

I would hope that between the player and the club that it's clear whether he can be persuaded. If he can't be persuaded, then I'd agree we'd need to move him on. I hope we're not involved in some sort of brinkmanship.

‘Near miss’ deadline would likely only be taken into account for first time cases/charges. We are well past that point now, and probably wise not to push it.
I don't follow your logic.

A near-miss would be about a lack of experience of the PSR framework - it would be because a significant boost to the accounts would be possible with a few days' grace that ought to be universally given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back