Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton have done brilliant. But no matter how well you do, all transfers comes with a significant risk.

Remember Alireza Jahanbakhsh? Eredivisie top scorer Brighton signed for a club record fee from AZ? He scored twice in three seasons and made Maupay look like Messi.

Trossard was almost 25 and team captain for Genk when he signed for Brighton.
1719582016028.webp

I'll be gutted to see him go.

In a semi capable team - with players who can pass forward or heaven forbid, cross a ball...

13 league goals in 37 games (15 in 41 in all)
16 league goals in 33 games (21 in 39 in all)

He then had two horrific seasons with injuries, perhaps made worse by our desperation which Dyche has said was the case - two horrific seasons coinciding with us being a kick away from relegation.

Last season he kept his fitness, but had a poor season and still chipped in with 7 goals and a few massive performances like the derby.

The thing is, Dyche last season went massively % football, pragmatism - people talk about our clean sheets etc, a huge part of that was a very negative, defensive football. It was needed, our of necessity - but it's absolute kryptonite for strikers.

To conclude then - I'll be gutted to see him go because in a team with pace or any creativity whatsoever, he scores double figures and I honestly think he's a difference that can keep us midtable vs relegation scrap.

Looking at the countless garbage we've signed upfront - I also don't think we can safely replace him.
Whole heartedly agree. Our crossing has been abysmal since Siggy. Dom would thrive with a Ward- Prowse type in the team. High punts with no pace do my head in!

For what it's worth, I read this morning that Brighton are prepared to pay north of 30mil for minty man & they are now favourites to get his signature.

I guess it will give him the chance to visit that laneway where Jimmy shagged Steph in Quadrophenia.

Could all be power play this. I don’t see many people clambering for Brighton, it’ll start to go wrong for them eventually as it always does. You can’t keep selling your best players and managers

I’d imagine that DCL deal gets resurrected tomorrow with Minteh coming our way

Could all be power play this. I don’t see many people clambering for Brighton, it’ll start to go wrong for them eventually as it always does. You can’t keep selling your best players and managers

You will be hurt tomorrow

I can’t see it.
Not the end of the world, we move on to other targets.

We still hold a stronger card than Brighton with the prospect of DCL going to Newcastle, unless they were to offer a striker themselves I suppose… Pedro? I think if Everton wanted Minteh they would get him, just depends how keen they are, especially with others available like Philogene or Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back