Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
with all due respect mate, and i dont want to offend anyone etc, but why throw that at the original reply?

No offence taken,

this wasn’t aimed at anyone specific and neither was my earlier post that led to Proz’s reply... it felt like an appropriate reply, based on my earlier post and the subsequent response.

I haven’t attacked anyone verbally, or even pointed a finger at anyone specifically.

In all honestly mate, i think we can handle 1 centre back for now.
If it was between getting one centre and an improvement in DM than i would pick that ahead of 2 centre backs

I mostly agree. Just not sure who I would want to partner a centre back who will most likely be brand new to the league, especially if Holgate is out for a while. Jags should essentially be moral support, but he'll probably be starting. It's annoying, but I'm happy to see it's a problem recognised by the management at least

of course not. Why should they? He might develop some but that cant be expected. He only heard of us yesterday.

It's such an outdated concept. A loyal footballer is a stupid footballer in the modern day game.

Hell, we have a manager who wanted to jump ship to a better offer after a few games. He's the poster boy for disloyalty in football.

I don't want a footballer to be loyal; I just want a footballer (and his representatives) to be respectful. If you want to leave, fine, but do so the right way - go through the channels behind the scenes and press for the move privately.

To be blunt, if a Colombian kid joined Everton and professed undying loyalty and that he was never leaving, I'd think he had a screw loose. It's why when Funes Mori was kissing the badge like a bloody moron that I just cringed.

It's such an outdated concept. A loyal footballer is a stupid footballer in the modern day game.

Hell, we have a manager who wanted to jump ship to a better offer after a few games. He's the poster boy for disloyalty in football.

I don't want a footballer to be loyal; I just want a footballer (and his representatives) to be respectful. If you want to leave, fine, but do so the right way - go through the channels behind the scenes and press for the move privately.

To be blunt, if a Colombian kid joined Everton and professed undying loyalty and that he was never leaving, I'd think he had a screw loose. It's why when Funes Mori was kissing the badge like a bloody moron that I just cringed.

If anybody ever joins Everton and are happy that they have "made it", they need to question their hunger.

Everton should be a stepping stone for any player with ambition.

If anybody ever joins Everton and are happy that they have "made it", they need to question their hunger.

Everton should be a stepping stone for any player with ambition.

What's your sentiment on the demeanor of messrs Lukaku and Stones towards Everton FC?

100% agree with this and generally talk of loyalty, both ways, is rubbish IMO.

A team is only loyal to a player if they're playing well and doing the business. The moment their level drops, they're out of the side and possibly made available for transfer further down the line.

A player is only loyal to the club as long as the club are giving him the salary/bonuses, contract and playing time he's happy with. As soon as the club aren't doing any/all of these, the player slaps in demands/transfer requests.

Loyalty works both ways in football, but usually works neither way in reality!

i'm hoping for 2 CBs, but i'm thinking we'll get 1 CB. realistically, it won't be Mina, and we'll be left with some junk out of left field from championship or something.

i wouldn't even be surprised if it was 0, though

I hope he signs for the RS and makes the forum disappear like Thanos did to the avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back