Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody ever joins Everton and are happy that they have "made it", they need to question their hunger.
Yes, but...
Everton should be a stepping stone for any player with ambition.
No. Making Everton the best team in the league, then Europe, should be the aim for an Everton player with ambition - one who has been here for years or who might be about to join.

Joining with the plan to use any club as a stepping stone is the easy way out. Joining with the plan of helping to take that team to the top should be the thinking. If that doesn't work out, and the club can't match the ambition and talent, then I accept it's time to move on. Assuming that's the case to start with is very different.

Yes, but...

No. Making Everton the best team in the league, then Europe, should be the aim for an Everton player with ambition - one who has been here for years or who might be about to join.

Joining with the plan to use any club as a stepping stone is the easy way out. Joining with the plan of helping to take that team to the top should be the thinking. If that doesn't work out, and the club can't match the ambition and talent, then I accept it's time to move on. Assuming that's the case to start with is very different.

To be fair, Digne and hopefully Mina will have used Barcelona as a stepping stone to Everton.

At least from my perspective. ;)

This needs sorting today, one way or the other. If we let it rumble on till tomorrow night or Wednesday morning we might not even get our backup options, and that’s unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back