Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can see it now. this guy is just gonna take another season of being on the bench with sporadic playtime, hoping to impress bigger clubs next offseason.

Everton, mid table nobodies who not long ago had Sam Allardyce or Man Utd.

Mate, never go into sales as a career change.

Or Everton, PL ever presents and founding members of the League, and the PL, who despite their recent under performance still have the standing to attract an unbeaten England manager to over see the ambitious owners long term project.

Yes, but...

No. Making Everton the best team in the league, then Europe, should be the aim for an Everton player with ambition - one who has been here for years or who might be about to join.

Joining with the plan to use any club as a stepping stone is the easy way out. Joining with the plan of helping to take that team to the top should be the thinking. If that doesn't work out, and the club can't match the ambition and talent, then I accept it's time to move on. Assuming that's the case to start with is very different.
Personally I don't think there's a problem to have ambition to play for a certain club. Most young players probably have a favourite club they aspire to, whether that be Barca, Madrid or ManU. Provided they're professional and do their absolute best when playing for Everton, I don't have an issue.

Lyon’s president has tweeted out saying it’s not true he’s deffo going to Everton and he’s still interested in Lyon. “We’ve got CL” he tweets.

What an absolute weapon. Imagine Kenwright or Moshiri on twitter though. Think I’d genuinely be too embarrassed to support us anymore.

Imagine thinking that transfer business is done for entertainment purposes and not team business.

giphy.gif

Lyon’s president has tweeted out saying it’s not true he’s deffo going to Everton and he’s still interested in Lyon. “We’ve got CL” he tweets.

What an absolute weapon. Imagine Kenwright or Moshiri on twitter though. Think I’d genuinely be too embarrassed to support us anymore.
You're suggesting Bill Kenwright is not a massive embarrassment to Everton fans and the club in general?

You're suggesting Bill Kenwright is not a massive embarrassment to Everton fans and the club in general?

He has been but Moshiri has put a hand across his mouth recently. If he suddenly got on Twitter and started mouthing off I’d actually cringe to death.

Anyone playing for a stable prem team have ‘made it’ already. Had we payed them a pittance, sure, but every single one of Evertons players are wealthy as f-word. They have all made it. Wanting to rise even higher is fine, but claiming say Baines never ‘made it’ as a footballer is laughable. Finding a good club you love playing for and helping it progress isnt unambitious or being a failure.

There are of course exceptions.

Baines and Jags for 2.

Its not they had no hunger or ambition, they found a club they liked and they stayed loyal, im sure both would have wanted to win stuff, but both played at a high level, played for their country, but more importantly for them their kids werent moving schools every 2 years.

So yeah, they arent failures and in this context its hard to argue they certainly made it.

Nobody is perfect, and I would say Bill's positive contributions to Everton down many years outweigh his cockups, even the King's Dock fiasco.

Mate, never go into sales as a career change.

Or Everton, PL ever presents and founding members of the League, and the PL, who despite their recent under performance still have the standing to attract an unbeaten England manager to over see the ambitious owners long term project.

I've spent my life in sales mate. I'm self employed.

As I said;

Have to look at it from his view though.

... When you do that, you appreciate why he'll be dragging his feet.

Make no mistake, we're his absolute last resort.

Nobody is perfect, and I would say Bill's positive contributions to Everton down many years outweigh his cockups, even the King's Dock fiasco.

if he never cocked that up, we COULD be in a very very different position that we are now

the oil arabs at city could have bought us instead because we would have had a world class stadium already, all if's and but's of course but kenwright is a tool who should have let go years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back