2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mina conundrum. If he goes we need a really good replacement. Can't rely on Keane or Holgate or Godfrey and probably not going to see Coady stay either. Embarrassment of riches!

Frankly if we binned off Keane and didn’t sign Coady I’d have no problem trying a 2 year deal on Mina, or a longer term pay as you play deal or maybe pay if he’s in the squad.

Absolutely top class centre half on his day, has the attitude that this team cries out for too. The difference he makes on visual alone is astounding compared to Keane.

I think if our finances for incomings are limited he and Doucoure are must-haves in terms of contract renewal. I’d feel totally confident with him, Tarkowski and Branthwaite as our 3 main CB options next season if they could all stay fit.

The question marks are over Mina and his fitness but Dyche is the first man in 2+ years to get Calvert Lewin going and all it took was him having the bottle to not play him when he wasn’t fit even when desperate for results. If Dyche and his methods can keep Calvert Lewin fit then I’d have hopes he could do the same for Mina.

Fire him a 2 year deal on half the wage he’s on now, got to be worth a go. Best defender at the club and I do love the man, but he can’t be on anywhere near his current wage. I doubt he’ll have many better offers wage wise. That’s all assuming we stay up.

How much combined do you reckon we can get for them....they will not be needed next season regardless of what division we are in

I’d rest him vs City and then have him starting the next 2 fixtures.

As others have said, I'd be tempted to keep Mina as hes top quality.

But theres 3 factors about this which will be issues:

1: His fitness
2: His wages
3: Blocking Branthwaites development

I'd say a £50-60k a week deal for 1 year with a bonus for playing X amount of mins over the season.

Go with Tarkowski, Branthwaite and Mina (sign someone high potential u21 as 4th choice) and offload Holgate (£7.5mil, Keane (£10mil) and Godfrey £12.5mil to raise around £30mil.

Well, hands up, I was wrong. I doubted that he'd show enough commitment if he played for us again but he certainly put himself about. He made one headed block that made my neck hurt!

I wouldn't offer him another contract though. We've seen his availability over many years.

really is such a shame he has fitness problems. a top drawer defender who can also play ball. really don't think he can get a new contract as he just can't stay fit and therefore no good for the team

when I watch him play though I think he makes us a much more solid team. he doesn't make consistent mistakes. he is a beast. wins headers. always always throws his huge frame into blocks without turning his back (one of his best traits). can pass the ball out. real bit of snide in him. comes across on the pitch as a leader. looks like he is a ultra team player.

but

fitness. fingers xd he stays fit for remaining games

really is such a shame he has fitness problems. a top drawer defender who can also play ball. really don't think he can get a new contract as he just can't stay fit and therefore no good for the team

when I watch him play though I think he makes us a much more solid team. he doesn't make consistent mistakes. he is a beast. wins headers. always always throws his huge frame into blocks without turning his back (one of his best traits). can pass the ball out. real bit of snide in him. comes across on the pitch as a leader. looks like he is a ultra team player.

but

fitness. fingers xd he stays fit for remaining games
Did you just say he fingers cross-dressers? Is this the root of DCL's injury nightmare?

He always has a red card in him too even if he doesn’t get injured

But he is solid and a great organiser too which is worth a lot as a CB

If they negotiate a contract heavily weighted towards appearances then I would love him to renew but not on anything like his current wages

He always has a red card in him too even if he doesn’t get injured

But he is solid and a great organiser too which is worth a lot as a CB

If they negotiate a contract heavily weighted towards appearances then I would love him to renew but not on anything like his current wages

Has he ever been sent off for us? I can’t remember if he has.

As others have said, I'd be tempted to keep Mina as hes top quality.

But theres 3 factors about this which will be issues:

1: His fitness
2: His wages
3: Blocking Branthwaites development

I'd say a £50-60k a week deal for 1 year with a bonus for playing X amount of mins over the season.

Go with Tarkowski, Branthwaite and Mina (sign someone high potential u21 as 4th choice) and offload Holgate (£7.5mil, Keane (£10mil) and Godfrey £12.5mil to raise around £30mil.
Pay as you play is more realistic. If he can stay fit and available for 30 matches he gets most of his wages back.

I am sure our wage bill can afford that since a couple will leave on Bosman like Davies and Townsend.

I managed to be absolutely made up he was selected but yet simultaneously furious that the manager had bowed to pressure from us to pick him or rather that it had taken that pressure for it to happen , if that makes any sense .

Never really any debate that when fit he’s the best centre half at the club and it
It felt a lot safer with him there .

Status
Not open for further replies.