Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the squad, you've got Pennington, Leandro, McAleny, Niasse, McGeady, Gibson, Grant, Kone and Garbutt that are over 20 years of age and haven't made a senior start this season. We could lose all of them and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the first team imo. We've accumulated a massively bloated squad in recent years, with a lot of that pretty low quality. I've given a bit of slack to Browning and Dowell, who also haven't made any appearances this year, and who knows about Tarashaj and Henen?

A good January for me would be some good quality bought in (maybe 3 players), and at least 10 shipped out.

Exactly. I suspect no one want to buy them.

We've got a few players like him tbh. Leandro, the young(ish) striker we've got with the nice hair, Henen, the Swiss lad warming the bench in Germany, all 22/23 years old and all not looking like they'll be in the first team any time soon. You could even put people like Pennington in there (sorry Mikey). Guys of that age need to be playing regularly really and they won't be doing so for us.

You could easily see 10 players moved on in January without it impacting our first team at all, it's just a case of who would have any of them.

Got a funny feeling Pennington will be one of those that comes back to bite us. He's not getting in the first team now granted but he's got something about him. Given regular first team football he could just find that extra level the way Keane and Gibson have done.

I was just thinking of that Leandro.

You wouldn't put money on him getting a senior appearance.
That was a bizarre signing even by Martinez's standards! Lad wasn't even smashing it up in the Urguyan league and that league is something like Scottish first division.

Just to expand on the previous post...

National League
Southport - Delial Bewster made his debut, scored, was booked and was substituted in the 85th minute of a 3-2 home win over Wrexham

OS Match Report
"With Brewster, the 19-year-old arrival from Everton, given a start in attack, Burr’s team adopted a new shape with three central defenders and Andrai Jones given a free role behind Brewster and Jamie Allen, the front two."
"And the Sandgrounders went in at half-time with a lead, Brewster marking his debut with a goal after receiving a pass from Nolan on the left side of the Wrexham area before steering a measured finish past goalkeeper Shwan Jalal."

Fan comments
"It's clear a front two of Brewster and Allen won't work because neither can win a header, they both need Andrai Jones along side them to show their best. Glad Brewster scored, a local lad who looked like he enjoyed it."
"There may have been other homegrown strikers score for Port since Mutch, but I was delighted to witness a Southport-born striker scoring for his hometown team today. And in front of the 'Brick End. What a celebration, Delial. You really are 'one of our own' [for the next four months at least]. He's a big lad and not easily muscled off the ball. If he keeps knocking them in then he's quickly going to become a cult hero."

This bit was interesting re Brewster "]. He's a big lad and not easily muscled off the ball. If he keeps knocking them in then he's quickly going to become a cult her" I don't remember him as being particularly big last season , looks like he's bulked up a bit, good for him hope he continues in this vein. I think his contract with us , like a lot of others , is up in June so he needs to take this opportunity to impress or more likely find another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back