Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to get things straight again...

Current non-ancient player loans to other clubs

Premier League
Brendan Galloway - WBA

Championship
Gethin Jones - Barnsley
Tyias Browning - Preston North End
Callum Connolly - Wigan Athletic

League One
Conor McAleny - Oxford United

League Two
Conor Grant - Doncaster Rovers
Calum Dyson - Grimsby Town
Anthony Evans - Morecambe

National League
Delial Brewster - Southport

Scottish Premier League
Russell Griffiths - Motherwell

Bundesliga
Shani Tarashaj - Eintracht Frankfurt

Serie A
Gerard Deulofeu - AC Milan

Jupiler League
Leandro Rodriguez - Waasland Beveren

Premier League
Brendan Galloway was not in matchday squad for WBA's game last night

Championship
Barnsley - Gethin Jones played full match in 1-3 home defeat to Wolverhamption Wanderers

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
70 - Good link-up play between Williams and Jones down the right gets the Reds another corner.

No particular fan comments about him

Preston North End - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Cardiff City

OS Match Report

No Twitter comments

Fan comments
"Browning looked okay but lacking in match fitness."
"Browning had a debut to forget as he rarely ventured past the halfway line"
"The penalty was correct as Browning and Johnson got easily beat and Johnson grabbed the players arm."

Scottish Premier League
Motherwell - Russell Griffiths was an unused substitute in Motherwell's 2-1 away win at Ross County

Premier League
Brendan Galloway was not in matchday squad for WBA's game last night

Championship
Barnsley - Gethin Jones played full match in 1-3 home defeat to Wolverhamption Wanderers

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
70 - Good link-up play between Williams and Jones down the right gets the Reds another corner.

No particular fan comments about him

Preston North End - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Cardiff City

OS Match Report

No Twitter comments

Fan comments
"Browning looked okay but lacking in match fitness."
"Browning had a debut to forget as he rarely ventured past the halfway line"
"The penalty was correct as Browning and Johnson got easily beat and Johnson grabbed the players arm."

Scottish Premier League
Motherwell - Russell Griffiths was an unused substitute in Motherwell's 2-1 away win at Ross County

be disappointing if PNE play browning at right back, not good enough with the ball to play that position.

Is Anthony Evans still considered as a bit special? It might have been last season when he scored a truck-load and was making a bit of a name for himself.

Championship
Wigan Athletic - Callum Connolly played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday

OS Match Report
"Weir was inches away from connecting with a through ball before Connolly latched on to a terrific reverse pass from Max Power to round Westwood and finish – unfortunately the linesman’s flag was up."

Twitter stuff
71' Callum Connolly has the ball in the net - what a finish by the way - but had drifted just offside in receiving Power's pass (0-1)

Fan comments
"Connelly was unlucky with his "goal" as he didn't go too early just Power was slow in making the pass."
"Connolly had his first poor-ish game"

I watched Connolly last night with the game on fast forward. First half he was competent, looked comfortable on the ball and turned inside in tight situations when needed. A couple of times he went past his man on the outside, and while he's never shown the pace of a Coleman he was fast enough to do it. It was interesting in the first corner Wigan had he stood directly behind a big CB who went forward leaving Connolly in space behind him. They obviously want him in the box and trust him after his goals. He was also designated to Man mark at defensive corners again a sign of confidence in him and his heading ability ( as opposed to sticking him on a post) A poor first half for Wigan , Wednesday the better team.

In the second half he played much further forward, had a few miss kicks but he was never troubled defensively . He seemed to spend most of the time in the final third , always looking to attack. For the disallowed goal he controlled the through ball with one touch of his right foot , and as the goalie came out rolled his foot over the top of the ball to move it sideways into space and finished it crisply past a retreating defender with his left. A very accomplished finish and from my eyeball of a paused Tv he was if anything marginally onside, but a difficult call. 5 mins later from a long diagonal ball Weir got his head to it just ahead of Connolly and you'd have to think that Callum would have tucked it away.

In the last 30 mins he was continually up and down his wing , going forward but always back in defence, he's got an impressive engine in him. I would compare his attitude to Garbutt this time last year when playing for Fulham. I like Garbutt, a great crosser of the ball, but he was really lazy in the game I saw not really bothering to make an effort to get back. Connolly has the opposite attitude, he's progressing nicely at Wigan, some more raw edges will come off if he continues to play like this and we'll potentially have a great prospect come pre season.

After the disallowed goal the camera picked up Joe Royce in the stand but failed to mention it was Steve Walsh sitting next to him. It's good to see Walsh at these games, I'm sure his reports will be favourable. While I wouldn't say he was impressive, as that would imply he did something unexpected, I would say he played well :)

...be interesting if Connolly is seen to have a future at Everton. I doubt both him and Kenny will be here. Kenny has been given a contract which might suggest he's ahead of Connolly in the pecking order. I like Kenny but I thought he was poor against United in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back