Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate, what the hell is happening with Galloway? If he's not injured and Pullis won't play him or let him come back then this is ruining a young guy's season at a vital age. These new loan rules don't appear to be working.

Think the case may be that we didn't want to pay back the £1m to cancel the loan so he's just being an arse about it and not including him. He seems like the type to do something petty after his non-handshake vs Stoke yesterday.

It's part of the danger as you move up the pyramid with the loans, though. More competitive to get into the team, zero likelihood of any agreement with playing time and a 'strange' youth player is more likely to be seen as squad filler than a starter unless they are doing very well against established players.

In that sense, it's interesting that Connolly, Jones and Browning have all slotted straight into their respective Championship first teams - all three have experience of playing multiple positions.

Just a quick check in on some 'young-ish' players on loan:

Gerard Deulofeu played full match in AC Milan's 0-1 home defeat to Sampdoria:
"Gerard Deulofeu commented on the match against Sampdoria: "I still cannot believe we did not win it. We played really well, creating a lot. We have to put this game behind us and concentrate on Bologna". The enormous chance to score: "I tried, but the ball just didn't go in. Hitting the post was really unlucky, but I think that next time it will be better". A comment also on his performance: "I think I did well. The team plays good football and created a lot with Bacca, Suso and Pasalic. We are disappointed with the result. AC Milan is a great club and every Sunday we have to try to take home the three points. We now go to Bologna with only one objective. I came here to do well and score a lot"."

Shani Tarashaj started on bench and came on in 75th minute of Eintracht Frankfurt's 2-0 home win over Darmstadt

Conor McAleny started on bench and came on in 95th minute of Oxford United's 2-1 away win over Swindon Town

Cheers mate, what the hell is happening with Galloway? If he's not injured and Pullis won't play him or let him come back then this is ruining a young guy's season at a vital age. These new loan rules don't appear to be working.

FWIW - He stated in his Stoke City pre-match press conference that Galloway would be not available with a knock, per BBC.

Championship
Wigan Athletic - Callum Connolly played full match in 2-2 home draw with Norwich City

OS Match Report
"Bogle could have scored in the 12th minute, breaking the Norwich offside trap to get on the end of Callum Connolly’s through ball, he raced clear but John Ruddy managed to deflect his angled drive for a corner."
"Brilliant stuff but before the DW had caught its breath properly, Connolly was fouled on the edge of the box six minutes later and it was Bogle who showed superb technique to strike the ball past the wall and into the back of the net with Ruddy rooted to the spot."

Twitter stuff
13' CHANCE LATICS, Omar Bogle latches on to a Callum Connolly ball to spring offside trap - good save Ruddy. Come on! (0-0)

No particular fan comments

Anthony Evans was an unused substitute in Morecambe's game with Leyton Orient

Championship
Wigan Athletic - Callum Connolly played full match in 2-2 home draw with Norwich City

OS Match Report
"Bogle could have scored in the 12th minute, breaking the Norwich offside trap to get on the end of Callum Connolly’s through ball, he raced clear but John Ruddy managed to deflect his angled drive for a corner."
"Brilliant stuff but before the DW had caught its breath properly, Connolly was fouled on the edge of the box six minutes later and it was Bogle who showed superb technique to strike the ball past the wall and into the back of the net with Ruddy rooted to the spot."

Twitter stuff
13' CHANCE LATICS, Omar Bogle latches on to a Callum Connolly ball to spring offside trap - good save Ruddy. Come on! (0-0)

No particular fan comments

Anthony Evans was an unused substitute in Morecambe's game with Leyton Orient

...not looking good for young Evans. I feel these kids need to be having an impact at that level.

They've got to be ready to grab the chance when it comes, I feel it's slightly more difficult for attacking players on loan as the expectation on a 17,18,19 year old to start creating or scoring goals straight away for a new club is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back