2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He either gets the game time here or send him on loan simple as that, need to be playing competitive minutes.
I don't think he needs to be playing every week it depends how he's developing he'll be 20 all season so its not exactly make or break time just a bit more game time than last year would be fine if thats the level he's up to. If he's ready to do much more than that its great but we don't have to immediately loan him out if not.

I have seen nothing from Chermiti to suggest he is better than Beto and can take DCL place. I know he is a youngster and I hope he is given time here (or on loan) but from the very few minutes he had on the pitch last season I failed to see anything to be excited about.

Showed more in those 70 minutes for me that he can be a better player than Beto.

If Dom is still being difficult regarding the contract by the time the season starts and we have no other striker in then I'd give Chermiti a go. I don't want us being held to ransom by players.
We really cannot be starting a kid with 70 minutes in the toughest league in the world

I don't think he needs to be playing every week it depends how he's developing he'll be 20 all season so its not exactly make or break time just a bit more game time than last year would be fine if thats the level he's up to. If he's ready to do much more than that its great but we don't have to immediately loan him out if not.
Id say it depends on the plan for him. It was really a waste not to loan him out last season. If hes going to be our #2 and get a lot of game time, then he should stay, but in my opinion if hes #3 you might as well loan him out.

I have seen nothing from Chermiti to suggest he is better than Beto and can take DCL place. I know he is a youngster and I hope he is given time here (or on loan) but from the very few minutes he had on the pitch last season I failed to see anything to be excited about.
You must have a crap memory. The Brentford game he should have had an assist but for Doucs smashing it wide, his flick for him is something nobody in this squad seems capable of. Against Sheffield United he should have also had another assist after a lovely piece of skill in the left corner to set up Garner who blazed it over the bar.

Id say it depends on the plan for him. It was really a waste not to loan him out last season. If hes going to be our #2 and get a lot of game time, then he should stay, but in my opinion if hes #3 you might as well loan him out.
I think it was probably good not to loan him out personally I think finding his feet in the area getting to know people and the language and be coached by our staff to be the type of player we want him to be is probably more beneficial than being sent straight back to Portugal and starting all over again this year. Same thing applies this year if he's not going to get much game time at all then loan him but anything like 6 or 7 starts and 20 sub appearances is plenty for a 20 year old you don't have to play 40 games a season at that age to get better.

You must have a crap memory. The Brentford game he should have had an assist but for Doucs smashing it wide, his flick for him is something nobody in this squad seems capable of. Against Sheffield United he should have also had another assist after a lovely piece of skill in the left corner to set up Garner who blazed it over the bar.
Is that what you have accepted as being capable of taking the No.9 shirt. 2 possible assists? Like I say that is not enough for me. Hopefully Dyche can give him more time this season to truly evaluate Chermiti and hopefully he grabs his chance but I still say I haven't seen enough from him despite lack of minutes. Lets hope this could be a breakthrough season for him

Is that what you have accepted as being capable of taking the No.9 shirt. 2 possible assists? Like I say that is not enough for me. Hopefully Dyche can give him more time this season to truly evaluate Chermiti and hopefully he grabs his chance but I still say I haven't seen enough from him despite lack of minutes. Lets hope this could be a breakthrough season for him
'I have seen nothing from Chermiti to suggest he is better than Beto and can take DCL place.'

You have, you just lied a bit to try make your point stronger. At the end of the day he's a young lad who seems quite confident and would be happy to see him get game time over Beto.

'I have seen nothing from Chermiti to suggest he is better than Beto and can take DCL place.'

You have, you just lied a bit to try make your point stronger. At the end of the day he's a young lad who seems quite confident and would be happy to see him get game time over Beto.
By your logic of 2 possible assists did you know Beto trumped him by actually scoring. That logic is not really good logic. Beto may be improved this season due to a pre-season and a season of adapting. Chermiti may or may not blow us away we just don't know yet. I stand by my opinion that I have yet to see Chermiti do much of note

By your logic of 2 possible assists did you know Beto trumped him by actually scoring. That logic is not really good logic. Beto may be improved this season due to a pre-season and a season of adapting. Chermiti may or may not blow us away we just don't know yet. I stand by my opinion that I have yet to see Chermiti do much of note
Beto's overall play is shocking, he's just awful and I feel more of a hindrance than anything with a lot less time to grow into the sport being 26-27. Chermiti is 20 and has a lot more about him than Beto, which is why Beto is being linked away from the club, imagine that.

Beto's overall play is shocking, he's just awful and I feel more of a hindrance than anything with a lot less time to grow into the sport being 26-27. Chermiti is 20 and has a lot more about him than Beto, which is why Beto is being linked away from the club, imagine that.
I hope he has more about him than Beto. I will have to wait and see though as I haven't seen any proof as of yet. I hope you are correct

Beto has 20 goals in 2 season in Serie A - he has proved himself to an extent - Chermiti has proved NOTHING yet. He may well do, I like him, but he is no where near ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back