2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a nice touch but needs to bulk up and be a lot more aggressive and impactful. Not ready for Prem starts that’s for sure.

Beto has 20 goals in 2 season in Serie A - he has proved himself to an extent - Chermiti has proved NOTHING yet. He may well do, I like him, but he is no where near ready
Be honest. Do you really want to see Beto starting for Everton for the first game of the season I know I don't. I also don't want Chermiti to start but I'd much prefer he was the second striker in the team over Beto.

I have seen nothing from Chermiti to suggest he is better than Beto and can take DCL place. I know he is a youngster and I hope he is given time here (or on loan) but from the very few minutes he had on the pitch last season I failed to see anything to be excited about.
You can't have been watching closely then. The kid has an absolutely lovely touch, nice close control, a bit of vision and a bit of pace. He looks like a much higher class player than Beto.

Beto has 20 goals in 2 season in Serie A - he has proved himself to an extent - Chermiti has proved NOTHING yet. He may well do, I like him, but he is no where near ready
Beto only started 10 games in all competitions last season with the rest being as a sub. Not exactly a full on season for him. He scored 5 goals. Not saying he is our answer but he now knows what the PL is all about. Like you say Chermiti has proved nothing yet. Hopefully he proves something next season being used as a sub to see where he is at.

Is that what you have accepted as being capable of taking the No.9 shirt. 2 possible assists? Like I say that is not enough for me. Hopefully Dyche can give him more time this season to truly evaluate Chermiti and hopefully he grabs his chance but I still say I haven't seen enough from him despite lack of minutes. Lets hope this could be a breakthrough season for him
That wasn't your question. Your question was is he better than Beto (a pretty low bar) and in those moments of skills he has suggested that he may well be.

That wasn't your question. Your question was is he better than Beto (a pretty low bar) and in those moments of skills he has suggested that he may well be.
So a couple of nice touches in a season shows he may be better than Beto. I have actually seen Maupay have some nice touches in a game but wouldn't want him playing. Most players in a match usually have a few nice touches

I don't think he needs to be playing every week it depends how he's developing he'll be 20 all season so its not exactly make or break time just a bit more game time than last year would be fine if thats the level he's up to. If he's ready to do much more than that it’s great but we don't have to immediately loan him out if not.
Not make or break but I just think from a development point of view would be so much better playing every week especially in the early years from youth football to first team transitioning. I’d of rather of kept Maupay as the back up while Chermiti goes out and learns his trade in a competitive environment rather than sit on the bench and get limited minutes.

Showed more in those 70 minutes for me that he can be a better player than Beto.

If Dom is still being difficult regarding the contract by the time the season starts and we have no other striker in then I'd give Chermiti a go. I don't want us being held to ransom by players.

I think its obvious that Chermiti has more to him than Beto. As posters have said, his touches look exciting and effective while Beto's look comparable to a Michael Keane backpass :(

However, Beto of course was used incorrectly. Hes not DCL and needs the ball ahead of him.

Im a big fan of going for young players but I wouldnt expect Chermiti to be starting for us until he shows more.

I'd certainly have him as 2nd choice.

Id say it depends on the plan for him. It was really a waste not to loan him out last season. If hes going to be our #2 and get a lot of game time, then he should stay, but in my opinion if hes #3 you might as well loan him out.

Think it will have done him the world of good to not go on loan. His improvement looked dramatic and by the end of the season he was being used ahead of Beto.

Number 2 will depend on his preseason i think. If he can achieve that then its a big sign the management rate him highly.

If not then yeah he needs a loan.

So a couple of nice touches in a season shows he may be better than Beto. I have actually seen Maupay have some nice touches in a game but wouldn't want him playing. Most players in a match usually have a few nice touches

I think its more of a case that (including me) posters were watching him intently seeing if there was anything about him.

I saw the Sporting videos on him and he certainly opened my eyes with touches, vision and a desire to get into the right attacking positions...and track back.

Id have him as 2nd choice and hope Thelwell sells Maupay, Beto & DCL for a combined £50mil. Then uses it to go after a top cenre forward to get the goals to take us up the table.

No sure what others people have been watching

Chermo's development has been dramatic last season

He's a nightmare to play against as he's strong and quick and has a good touch

Only thing he's missing now is goals

Obviously that's the kiss of death to Chermo for some people purely as "Damo rates him"

But neither Chermo or myself care :bye:

There's a player there. I know it. Reminds me of Steven Naismith

I have seen nothing from Chermiti to suggest he is better than Beto and can take DCL place. I know he is a youngster and I hope he is given time here (or on loan) but from the very few minutes he had on the pitch last season I failed to see anything to be excited about.

He can put one foot in front of the other with minimal thought or effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back