How can EFC shake off fan short-termism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet people refuse to point the finger at the board and owner
Just to reiterate my current stance on the state of the club in general - I think Kenwright needed to step back ages ago and Moshiri has made too many poor decisions despite the financial backing. The problem is I can't see either of them going willingly anytime soon.

You’re a good summer away from st least progressing.

We play ugly, win or lose. We’ve just recruited horrendously over the years and we’re just lacking so much creativity.

No one wants to lose, but had I just witnessed my side go to Spurs and score for fun, I’d be a lot more relaxed about my chances of success. 3-4 good defenders and you’ll be fine.

Meanwhile we can’t attack or defend.

It’s a lot harder to buy attacking players, full of confidence.
Me and my mate agreed that both Lampard and Gerrard employed similar tactics against us at Elland Road. More Happy with a point and stop us playing. Reminds me of Southgate with England,the paranoia of worrying about the opposition too much passes down from manager to the players.Wolves were even worse. Just hope Maddison thrives in Quatar.

Me and my mate agreed that both Lampard and Gerrard employed similar tactics against us at Elland Road. More Happy with a point and stop us playing. Reminds me of Southgate with England,the paranoia of worrying about the opposition too much passes down from manager to the players.Wolves were even worse. Just hope Maddison thrives in Quatar.

It can work quite well, other times less so.

Gerrard came to Goodison, when Ferguson was caretaker, took a lead and sucked the football game dry. It was a hard watch.

Didn’t realise we were quite as bad, but we’re not great to watch. We’re slowly piecing a side together, but if you can’t score goals you’re in trouble.

At least with Leeds you’ll probably win 7-6 a few times this season. We go behind, and we’re pitiful.

I think the fans that go overboard about even the most minor positives end up being the first to start baying for blood once they get a reality check (eg Coady and Tarkowski, a pair of basic stoppers, should be starting for England because they haven't been running into each other or booting the ball into their own net).

If I was to attend one of Kenwright's politburo meetings, I'd strongly suggest that the club do its bit by knowing when to scale back social media activity.

The club has tried pretty much everything now re managers. We now have turned to a young, up and coming manager in Frank Lampard, who is now being turned on by some after some bad results

Is sacking manager after manager the answer? Or would the ability to weather bad runs, without wielding the axe, ultimately create more stability and result in some success?

Do some fans perhaps need to learn how to be more patient and resilient through bad runs?
Yes you are right but people get worried so the odd win would help. In my opinion Lampard is far from stupid and not set in his ways, he will come good but trial and error is much easier to bear in mid-table.

Yes you are right but people get worried so the odd win would help. In my opinion Lampard is far from stupid and not set in his ways, he will come good but trial and error is much easier to bear in mid-table.
Lampard could have approached things in exactly the same way, but with a fit DC-L, and likely would be mid table, and probably getting less criticism, despite having taken the same approach

So people are focused on the results rather than the method. The focus should be on the method, but that's very difficult to assess from the outside. But I guess what people can do is factor in things like the unavailability of DC-L or accept that full perfection is unlikely to be achieved in one transfer window (this summer, strengthening the squad pretty well, although not in the striker department, but are you going to nail every area in one shot?)

Status
Not open for further replies.