2023/24 Beto

…I really don’t get these ‘not many minutes’ shouts. What you see is what he is. To think he’s all of a sudden going to become effective is not going to happen.

i’ll predict Okoronkwo will leapfrog Beto and Chermiti of them by the end of next season.
The team is familiar with DCL's movement and decision making. So during the match they assume Beto to be in the same positions, make the same runs and make the same decisions. But Beto wont be making those same decisions. That is where the minutes on the pitch comes in. Other players as well as Beto need time to start working together as a unit

Everyone in the attacking half was dreadful today.

….yep, it’s the one area of our play that needs to change to get us to another level.

Two wide players who are selected primarily for what they do behind the ball (accepting one crossed it for the other to score), two full backs who offer nothing going forward. When DCL is out we are lacking and we know he’ll not be available for long periods.

…I really don’t get these ‘not many minutes’ shouts. What you see is what he is. To think he’s all of a sudden going to become effective is not going to happen.

i’ll predict Okoronkwo will leapfrog Beto and Chermiti of them by the end of next season.

How much have you seen of Okoronkwo?

Btw i remember a Nigerian player at one of the world cups, a defender called Okoronkwo. I wanted us to sign him lol

…I said after his first game that he’ll be like he is, I don’t see that changing. Tonight was less about goals, It was a huge opportunity for him and he was dreadful.

He put himself about but remember hes come off a recent injury. Their CB should have been off the pitch as well.

He just seriously lacks the finishing level imo and that would mask his other weaknesses.

How much have you seen of Okoronkwo?

Btw i remember a Nigerian player at one of the world cups, a defender called Okoronkwo. I wanted us to sign him lol

He put himself about but remember hes come off a recent injury. Their CB should have been off the pitch as well.

He just seriously lacks the finishing level imo and that would mask his other weaknesses.

….i’ve seen a bit of Okoronkwo and I think he’s lacking. i watched the U21 the other night and actually though the substitute (Dixon?) had the most potential. When I say Okoronkwo will leapfrog Beto and Chermiti, it’s a reflection that he might be the least worst of the three.