2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Sorry but no one can be vaulted for not being happy with him not scoring in that amount of games it’s piss poor he’s had chances and fluffed them. He’s crap it’s as simple as that
He is way off the pace of the game when it's one to one situations. Might be he is still in a period of conditioning after coming back from injury. The club and us better hope it's make do and mend. Because we ain't purchasing what we need any time soon.

It’s not just haircuts is it though, although some posters are always quick to mention what he wears and how he looks in association with derogatory comments.

Makes us look like a Victorian dad fanbase sometimes.
Defo goes in the park end and boos dcl, right?

1706704077300.png

I don’t think anyone’s even expecting him to be at that level, seeing as football has gone back to normal and fans are back in stadiums now. That season was a freak season in which weird unprecedented things happened, it’s essentially a write off. If he was just a completely bang average 10-12 goal a season striker I think most would take that.
He is/was typically a 1 in 4 striker, and is going through a very lean spell in a side that doesn't have the attacking options and guile we did back then. His goal contribution currently is cack, that's a fact. But lots of his all round play last night was good.
To my mind, Dyche has two options, either wait for him to score, knowing he contributes well elsewhere, or he goes all in with Beto/A.N.Other (who?) whose all round contribution possibly isn't as good? I personally think he should currently stick with DCL. I don't think Beto has shown enough all round, or in front of goal, to warrant starting. Just my opinion like.

He is/was typically a 1 in 4 striker, and is going through a very lean spell in a side that doesn't have the attacking options and guile we did back then. His goal contribution currently is cack, that's a fact. But lots of his all round play last night was good.
To my mind, Dyche has two options, either wait for him to score, knowing he contributes well elsewhere, or he goes all in with Beto/A.N.Other (who?) whose all round contribution possibly isn't as good? I personally think he should currently stick with DCL. I don't think Beto has shown enough all round, or in front of goal, to warrant starting. Just my opinion like.

Sadly I think Beto looks an absolute turkey mate. So we don’t really have much of a choice but to hope DCL comes good, or as good a he’s capable of.

He needs to sort himself out though. I’m not having the theory that we need to give him 5 chances on a plate before we can expect him to score a goal. That’s simply not something that happens in football, other strikers for other teams don’t get multiple chances every single game.

Sadly I think Beto looks an absolute turkey mate. So we don’t really have much of a choice but to hope DCL comes good, or as good a he’s capable of.

He needs to sort himself out though. I’m not having the theory that we need to give him 5 chances on a plate before we can expect him to score a goal. That’s simply not something that happens in football, other strikers for other teams don’t get multiple chances every single game.
It's early days, but I'm also inclined to think Beto might not be what we need right now as an alternative.

That point last night when Danjuma got the ball from Robinson's mis-placed pass on 17 minutes summed it up. Robinson was totally out of position, but Danjuma had literally nothing in terms of options up top, not even a lofted ball over the top into the left back channel for DCL to run onto. Maybe DCL was out of position, offside or whatever? It's frustrating as f***, but that's why we are where we are I suppose.

ok that’s why you danced around it instead of just saying it , was wondering why that was
Are you saying Everton fans are racist?

Bold statement, Jimmy is still doing analysis. It might be that there is statistical significance that they hate them for wearing a particular brand of football boot. You've jumped the gun here bud. Wait for the science.

Are you saying Everton fans are racist?

Bold statement, Jimmy is still doing analysis. It might be that there is statistical significance that they hate them for wearing a particular brand of football boot. You've jumped the gun here bud. Wait for the science.
no i’m just trying to fill in the blanks from yesterday my wife is from the wirral you see so i take discrimination very serious Mr lovechild