2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you've come back from serious injuries that have halted your career to even do such a thing that could have caused more injuries to your body or to someone else is outrageous, He won't get sacked he'll either be blacklisted by Benitez or he'll get a stern talking too and everyone moves on.
No other club will buy him either so yeah, Just give him a telling off and work on making him useable for us.
I mean the club will have been well aware of this mate. It happened in August.

Absolutely I’m calling for him to be sacked considering his injury record

It’s a great excuse to get someone who contributes nothing off the books

But contractually there's no precedent for such a thing.

Also, this happened in August, not last week. The club will have known about it. He's still here.

Put it this way, my wife owns an MRC tuned Audi TT RS, does 0-60mph in about 3 seconds, but I wouldn't call that a 'supercar' either, regardless of performance. It would beat a lot of supercars around a track, but it just isn't a supercar itself. It isn't mid-engined, isn't 'exotic' enough, and would be decimated top end by actual supercars. I don't want to turn this thread into an episode of Fifth Gear, so I'll agree to disagree lol

Oh you boys and your toys...

Lads working their bollox off on minimum wage whilst this fella plays 2 games in 2 years on tens of thousands a week and is caught drink driving to top it off.

Any goodwill with me has gone - get him oot the club. Club needs to start putting clauses in contracts that if a player is charged with a criminal offence they have the right to either cancel the contract or reduce the players earnings.

Would put an end to the criminality.

I mean 'end to the criminality'?

One - GS, if that's who you're referring to, wasn't charged and, as far as I'm aware, hasn't yet been. That may change.

The club will have been aware of this Gbamin incident since August mate

Poor luck with injuries. I think his contract expires in 2024? That's another 3 years.
He hasn't played in 2 years, it might take him one season (maybe) to catch up and that is if he stays off injuries and plays regularly.
I don't think many clubs will take the chance on him and pay him the wages he is on right now.
I’ll tell you what will happen … he’ll be with us until 2024 barely making an impact then he’ll go to another club and be brilliant.
Typical that!!

I ask that you keep the disqualification period to a minimum and what may allow you to do that is his guilty plea. He is absolutely devastated to be here.

'This isn't his home country. He was born in the Ivory Coast and is a professional footballer. There is some press attention, causing him more embarrassment. Whatever happens here, he will be fined by the club as well.

'What happened at 5am that morning was that he had been out earlier. He had had some sleep but in the early hours, he was asked if he could take someone home.

'Because he had some sleep, and he felt okay to drive, he got into that vehicle. That was a huge mistake. It was a huge misjudgment.

He has been injured for nearly two years. He signed two years ago for Everton but has only played nearly two games, then got injured.

'He's lived in the UK with very little in terms of friends and support although that's not an excuse for finding himself here.

'He was asked to stay at the scene by the other driver and the damage to the vehicle was very, very limited - it was paintwork. That will all be settled by the insurance and he gave his details.

'He has a child who is 15 months old, a son and his family are in France and Germany. He does charity work and some of his income he gives to charity, to African nurseries in the Ivory Coast. His net income is £25,000 a week after tax.'

When asked if he wanted to say anything, Gbamin said: 'I think my lawyer has said everything. I am sorry.'

It's a stupid thing to do, obviously, and I'm not sure why you'd have to drive anywhere at 5am even after a few hours sleep.

But I know I've done worse, as in being on it for an entire day at a festival and driven back from Sheffield at 11am the next morning. I wasn't p*****, but if I'd had an incident, I guess i'd have failed a breathalyser.

I'm not condoning it at all, btw. What he did was stupid and what I did I guess was worse. But people getting on their high horse in here and on twitter have probably done much worse too!

Troy Deeney did that.

However if you can afford the cars they have I'm sure you'd maybe want to rock up to a bar in one.

Yeah sure you would but they could literally pay some bloke to drive it round for a while and pick them up on demand. They’re just amazingly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.