Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its massive for us.

Especially when the squad players are
also injured.

We go to Brentford with:
1 fit senior striker (Rondon)
3 fit midfielders ( 2 are rarely fit in Delph and Gbamin that won't last 90mins).
2 senior centre backs (Godfrey, Keane)
1 senior right back (Coleman)
1 senior left back (Digne).

There'll be more under 23 players on the bench than any team in the league.

But yeah...Rafael needs to do better.

2 centre forwards + Dobbin/Simms
Rondon + Tosun though he should play the kids.

2 centre backs + Branthwaite
Why hasnt Branthwaite played???

2 right backs
He could have moved Holgate and Kenny on in the summer but kept them. Didnt sign a right back

1 left back
Sent Nkounkou on loan

As for centre midfielders, id welcome him playing Onyango.

Most of our issues are his fault.

For someone who has said they have lost interest mate you are very much involved in this debate.

I have lost interest in watching this Everton team play, but certainly not lost interest in the club. If it was physically possible to stop caring about Everton then I would, but that's not how football works. I want nothing more than to see us get better, but there is not much to be optimistic about.

100%. How would his management improve us if he had spent £100mil ?

Right OK. Not going to even bother answering you sorry - instead, I'll ask you this.

*ahem*

If Delia had given Farke £500mil last summer what would be different now?

Same tactics?
Same subs?
Same lack of shape or defensive structure?

What actually would be different?

We were playing poorly though in terms of how we played, so we all knew that we were just one or two injuries away from it collapsing, and it did only take one or two knocks, and then we got another 3 on top of those to really stick the boot in.

I'd be much more lenient if Benitez had set in a system and a style because that's what we need. That's what gets you through spells of injuries. If your team knows how to play, knows how to defend and form attacks then you can get by and get results. But we don't - it's clear as day that we're entirely reliant on 2-3 players and those all happen to be out. That's on the manager as much as anyone else because it's down to him for that not to be the case.

Why do you think he's the right person? For once, don't give some daft excuse. Tell me what you've seen from him since 2016, when he took over at Newcastle, that suggests he should have been given this job.

We were never poor in truth - I agree we were inconsistent during 90 minutes but thats been the case for years mate where has everyone been - living in a cave since Martinez's first season?

Did we play great football under Koeman post Lukaku? Silva? Alladyce? Ancelotti?

You cant turn Alex Iwobi, Tom Davies, Fabian Delph, Anthony Gordon, Tosun/Rondon, Colema, Holgate, Keane into great footballers no matter who is coaching them.

Right OK. Not going to even bother answering you sorry - instead, I'll ask you this.

*ahem*

If Delia had given Farke £500mil last summer what would be different now?

Same tactics?
Same subs?
Same lack of shape or defensive structure?

What actually would be different?

To be honest, the more money we spend the worse we tend to get. That's nothing to do with this manager, or any particular manager. It's just been a recurring theme.

Why didnt he sell anyone?

This £1.7mil argument is absolute nonsense...he could have sold players.

Be that a player for £5mil or £10mil he could have sold.

Instead he signed 5 players...3 of whom we didnt actually need. So he wasted the wage budget on 3/5 players.

Honestly, come on man.

He sold Kean.

We have no sellable assets really, do we? Sure I've discussed this with you before actually, i think? We've got a side of players people don't want.

Unless we sell a Richarlison, we're not getting anything bacl.

Can we all stop including Andy Lonergan as a reason to beat Benitez too. Christ almighty.

He sold Kean.

We have no sellable assets really, do we? Sure I've discussed this with you before actually, i think? We've got a side of players people don't want.

Unless we sell a Richarlison, we're not getting anything bacl.

Can we all stop including Andy Lonergan as a reason to beat Benitez too. Christ almighty.

Kean is out on an idiotic 2 year loan deal - not sold

2 centre forwards + Dobbin/Simms
Rondon + Tosun though he should play the kids.

2 centre backs + Branthwaite
Why hasnt Branthwaite played???

2 right backs
He could have moved Holgate and Kenny on in the summer but kept them. Didnt sign a right back

1 left back
Sent Nkounkou on loan

As for centre midfielders, id welcome him playing Onyango.

Most of our issues are his fault.

Again as pointed...under 23 players. Total of about 4 senior games at a push. That's not part of a squad. When all the players are fit, they don't make the bench.

Everything else is transfer related which is a complicated issue for us and hindsight is a beautiful thing.

To be honest, the more money we spend the worse we tend to get. That's nothing to do with this manager, or any particular manager. It's just been a recurring theme.

That's why we need an actual plan with a consistent manager. Because Brands doesn't have one, he just does whatever the currently basically interim manager wants.

And that's obviously the answer to the question Zatara asked - £100m means the manager can actually bring in players he wants and, crucially, gives him the ability to get rid of the ones he doesn't. So Ancelotti gets James/Allan/Doucoure, Benitez gets... Rondon. Bit of a difference.

Yes, we've wasted it in the past, but you have to have it in the first place to waste it; Benitez hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.