The Everton Board Thread

Sharpy, the club ambassador who has literally made a post-playing career of being where the club tell him, and when, and dancing about with his Everton merch on is DEFO gonna be the voice of impartiality on the board.

Also got to laugh at the da’s trotting out the old, familiar numbers “he knows the club” and “he wants what’s best for Everton”.

Radical idea: how about we appoint someone with no prior affiliation with the club? Who hasn’t played football? Who is under 50?!

Joke move from the club. The board have no interest in getting to the root of the problems because they ARE the root of our problems. This nonsense worries me FAR more than any terrible on-pitch performances could ever do.
He'll be the Phil Neal of club directors:

"That's right, boss. That's right yeah, boss"

BREAKING NEWS! Graeme Sharp denies giving Moshiri two black eyes in fractious board meeting.

Cugdv5yXEAApwWJ.jpg

Sharpy, the club ambassador who has literally made a post-playing career of being where the club tell him, and when, and dancing about with his Everton merch on is DEFO gonna be the voice of impartiality on the board.

Also got to laugh at the da’s trotting out the old, familiar numbers “he knows the club” and “he wants what’s best for Everton”.

Radical idea: how about we appoint someone with no prior affiliation with the club? Who hasn’t played football? Who is under 50?!

Joke move from the club. The board have no interest in getting to the root of the problems because they ARE the root of our problems. This nonsense worries me FAR more than any terrible on-pitch performances could ever do.
Perfect post.

We don’t need someone on the board who’s there because he used to kick a ball around for us. We need wholesale change away from that small time mentality.

Best qualified and proven people in the job, no sentimentality whatsoever.

Seems incredibly uninspired but if it's a short term thing while an actual CEO is found to replace DBB then okay.
If it's possibly just that (we know DBB wants away) then yes I'm sure we can all live with it for a while, although it's not ideal, but the whole thing smacks of another Kenwright jobs for the boys type move.

Loved Sharp as a player, would be no 9 all day long in my all time Everton team, but didn't like the way he sometimes spoke to Blues on phone-ins, particulary those, like me, who were fiercely critical of BK and the hapless boards we've been lumbered with over the years.

This just smacks of another Kenwright-inspired appointment of another one to blow smoke up his fat arse.

So in this 'strategic review' has so far heralded Brands losing his job, a manager taking us backwards getting more power, that odious turd Kenwright still clinging on to his beloved Chairmans seat and a yes man appointed to the board. Great, just great.

Only at Everton.