Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? he scored 10 goals last season. Iwobi wont get that in his career.

El Ghazi isn't terrible, but he's not the level we need - the 10 goals last season included pens but it's an outlier in his career. He's never been that sort of player before.

He is a volume crosser, but I'd hope we are not signing wingers just based on how successful they are at crossing the ball. Besides, a player like this is a blocker to Gordon's progress - same sort of right-footed winger.

If we are going to sign a wide player (and I'm not at all convinced it should be a priority) I'd rather it was someone with a different sort of profile. I'm all for Kulusevski, for example, because he'll want to drive in from the right onto his left foot and give Coleman/Patterson space to overlap at times. El Ghazi will either occupy that space on the right or he'll want to cut in from the left (and we have better players than him already able to do that).

I have to admit, I haven't really seen Longstaff play - is there any chance he could be better than Delph, Gbamin and Davies ? Even Gomes ?
You can't judge any potential signing against Delph and Gbamin. Delph was already completely finished when he signed and Gbamin's injuries have probably ruined his chances of any significant career at this level.

Not when his wages could have gone to a player that might actually add something to the team rather than absolutely nothing
That’s not what we are talking about, we are talking about how much we paid for rondon, he was free, no one is disputing he is a waste of money
All players take a wage , that is not how much they cost though

Common sense really

El Ghazi isn't terrible, but he's not the level we need - the 10 goals last season included pens but it's an outlier in his career. He's never been that sort of player before.

He is a volume crosser, but I'd hope we are not signing wingers just based on how successful they are at crossing the ball. Besides, a player like this is a blocker to Gordon's progress - same sort of right-footed winger.

If we are going to sign a wide player (and I'm not at all convinced it should be a priority) I'd rather it was someone with a different sort of profile. I'm all for Kulusevski, for example, because he'll want to drive in from the right onto his left foot and give Coleman/Patterson space to overlap at times. El Ghazi will either occupy that space on the right or he'll want to cut in from the left (and we have better players than him already able to do that).
If El Ghazi were to come in and we could find a buyer for Wobes in this window I would not be unhappy with that.

I don't think it works like that.

Depending on the length of the contract (which I think was 5 years and 5 years), so take the total of 30M/5 years, so actually 6M Pounds, which then equates to 8M Euros...

James's wage was 200k a week, which Patterson and Mykolenko combined wages is about 80k...

So, James could be paying for both...
maybe true but the fact @Theoneandonly quoted these numbers for James you wonder how accurate that is. As his track record for predicting new signings is Zero / Nothing / Nada lol

Status
Not open for further replies.