Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
if benitez doesnt want him why would he come here to swap one bench for another (at best), unless we are dumb enough to give him a wage increase.
tell me we arent that stupid!! :oops:

Unfortunately these super agents run the modern game. Both Hamaz and El Ghazi are represented by Jorge Mendes.

Everton needed to get Hamaz off their books in the summer, with very little takers or offers agreeable to Hamaz. Moshiri gets Jorge Mendes to push through a deal to Qatar

El Ghazi isn't playing a wants a move. Speaks to his agent Jorge Mendes. Very few takers. Mendes calls back the favour on Moshiri.

My Villa mate has text me laughing faces for the last hour.

He is absolutely delighted to be getting rid of him...

Transfer ticks not one need the club has, its an awful bit of business, 5 months or 5 years....

Because we only have 3 wingers. Richarlison is a forward all day for me never a winger and Iwobi isn’t even a footballer.
Well it really depends on the system that Rafael is going to play . In a wing back system we don’t need any wingers. Also Richarlison will only play through the middle in that system or 442.

In a 433, 4231 he will be wide

Oh I don’t really care who’s behind it I just hope we’re not spending £15m on another winger lol £20m gets us that lad from Forest.

If it’s a loan with option? Not arsed, inconsequential deal then.

….it’s vitally important we know who’s behind it. If it’s Moshiri it shows;

— Benitez hasn’t got total control.
- Players are being brought in that are not part of the managers plans.
- a lack of control & accountability for transfer spending.
- Brands was a scapegoat & things haven’t changed since his departure.

If Moshiri is generating and negotiating this deal it gives us a big clue to the root of our problems.

Last edited:
You'd play Gordon centre mid? No disrespect to him but I really don't think he's suited to it. If we really are desperate for yet another winger why not sign a right sided one?

I recall reading he felt himself most comfortable in a number 10/central. That's where he come through the academy. [Edit. Found it]

A lot have been wanting Everton to go to a 3 man midfield when we've never really had 3 decent centre midfielders fit. There was some opinion that Gordon could go in the middle, if we did we need a winger to replace him out wide.

So perhaps if we can't afford/our preferred centre midfielder isn't available, then El Ghazi wide and Gordon in the middle could be one option.

Well does your thick mate know, he will be back at villa next sumner

Well he's not thick if its not a loan is it.

El Ghazi has been pushing for move for ages, he wanted to leave in the summer no takers, in the winter no takers.

Oh Everton will have you.

He will be gone from them, he's happy.

For everyone with Villa mates chortling - remember Leicester fans coming on here in the summer saying Gray was a waste of £1.7 million...

….it’s vitally important we know who’s behind it. If it’s Moshiri it shows;

— Benitez hasn’t got total control.
- Players are being brought in that are not part of the managers plans.
- a lack of control & accountability for transfer spending.
- Brands was a scapegoat & things haven’t changed since his departure.

If Moshiri is generating and negotiating this deal it gives us a big clue to the root of our problems.

But we’ll never truly find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.