Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

…I fear the former will see us relegated. We need to act now, giving it to somebody until the end of the season has to be a definite non-starter.

You think Ferguson would get us relegated?

Hes the only manager since Moyes who weve seen full on helter-skelter football like we used to more frequently under Royle...winning football.

Who would be your choice?

You think Ferguson would get us relegated?

Hes the only manager since Moyes who weve seen full on helter-skelter football like we used to more frequently under Royle...winning football.

Who would be your choice?
Ferguson works on passion. Passion only works for so long before you need actual tactics. That's why he REALLY needs to go somewhere to try out a team for awhile.

Give Dunc the chance for the next 2-3 games, and if we get a couple of wins and move into the middling pack then we can afford to give him until the end of the season where we then re-evaluate.

If this happens, I can see good reasons for (and also against) hiring Rooney or Potter.
Kovac wouldn't be a disaster; Amorim, Conceição, and Gallardo are pipe dreams.
No Mourinho, no Dyche, no Fonseca.

But before any managerial acquisition takes place, we need to bring in board members and a CEO with actual experience in leading a competitive sporting club, and they should decide on whether a DOF structure should be enforced or not moving forwards.
Why would you waste 2-3 weeks plus a transfer window on a guy who NOT up for it

20220116_141850.jpg

It wasn’t a rhetorical question - I’m genuinely asking who
1) would have an immediate impact
2) would have a long term vision and plan
3) would take it now
Think 'who' number 1 should be 'who gives a high degree of certainty not to get us relegated'. There seems to be a view that the players are easily good enough to at least keep us up, if half way sensible team selection and tactics are introduced. I worry about our defenders, with only Mina generally accepted as good enough, and even his fitness certainly can't be relied upon. After that, you're looking at players who are well, well, past it, untried and inexperienced, decidedly not good enough, and might be ok if we could find their best position. If you chuck in a new manager who might lose the plot, or at least take time to find his feet, then we could be in real trouble.

Ferguson works on passion. Passion only works for so long before you need actual tactics. That's why he REALLY needs to go somewhere to try out a team for awhile.
Tbf, we don’t know if he is tactically astute. He doesn’t a looong time next to some high profile managers, he must have learned something

Status
Not open for further replies.