Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All well and good mate but we need points pronto, we are up to our necks in shiite and another manager who has been arsing round in China and Saudi is NEVER gonna placate anyone.

If Watford today appointed a manager who took a team down into the German third division you would say they are going down.
Reckon he has already got another gig sorted out in China for next season once this once ends.

This is just tying him over

If it is Pereira I really fear for our future, even if we stay up you`d wonder if the likes of Allan, DCL, Richy will want to stay to find themselves managed by another coach in the summer. Probably another Kia journeyman who no players want to play for....

We have a divided club and a divided fanbase so Moshiri brings in another devisive manager, thats it... Game over

MOSHIRI HAS TO GO BEFORE HE KILLS EVERTON COMPLETELY
I don't think he would be that divisive as such. It's not like he is a kopite scruff or anything.

I don't know anyone who actually "wants" him though. People will probably give him a go and that's about it.

This is why I am a fan of going for a manager who nobody knows much about. A Gallardo or Garcia someone like that, no preconceived notions so would be able to live or die by his results.

That 1860 Munich tweet has been saved by loads of people for future use already just in case. It's not even accurate as they went down to the 4th division not the 3rd...
He relegated them to third then they went to fourth for financial reasons

All well and good mate but we need points pronto, we are up to our necks in shiite and another manager who has been arsing round in China and Saudi is NEVER gonna placate anyone.

If Watford today appointed a manager who took a team down into the German third division you would say they are going down.
They did worse, they got a manager who got England knocked out of a major tournament by a team who hadn’t played in one prior to that tournament

Look at it on the other hand...

The second Lampard or Rooney walk in to FF they will command respect. They will play for these guys who have won everything and not long out of playing themselves. Other good players will come to the club to want to play under these guys, like the situation at Villa with Gerrard....

OR a guy who has won leagues that arent even in the top 10 in the world and commands them to respect him, his way or the highway.

The day Moshiri took over really was the darkest day in our history... RIP EVERTON

don’t talks sense on here mate

I don't think there is anything to say anyone else being considered is obviously a better choice. What bothers me is this says the owner is most interested in taking advice from an advisor who knows absolutely nothing about the sport and more than likely is not actually acting in the interests of Everton.
I agree that’s the biggest concern. I also agree that some of the other names mentioned aren’t obviously better managers as such, but pretty much all of them are less risky.

‘Knowing the league’ or having managed a club in a similar situation before etc aren’t the best reasons to hire a manager, but they are at least a bit of a safety net. We can’t even afford to have one game for him to suss out the league or work out what the fans expect etc,the Leeds game is massive and he has to hit the ground running.

His CV for the last 7 or 8 years is not one that should even get you interviewed for this job. He went to a club in the relegation zone in the German second tier, and would have gone to reading. There is absolutely nothing that should make him appealing to us, it’s just a massive, massive, gamble.

Playing devils advocate here but:

1. Our fans moan about the club only appointing managers with PL experience.

2. No one knew much of Wolves current manager (Lage) who's doing a decent job and has won less trophies than Pereira.

I dont want the fella but lets be honest Rooney and Lampard are hardly stellar candidates.

The only two names linked who are any good are Kovac and Mourinho.
The issue is people DO know about Pereira. They know he has had some success in the past in "farmers leagues" as some would call them (not me) and struggled in Turkey and bounced around in some weird places since then. Some people would (rightly) question what that's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.