Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy win for Everton, just what you needed. We were shocking, Thursday may have played a part but expected more from us today.Your support was top drawer today ? ?? although that woooo Everton song was starting to grate a bit. Think its Leeds or Burnley for the drop now.

We're an example of what away fans should be. Every other week, fans come to Goodison and sing songs about scousers. We sing about our club, loud and proud! Not a clapper in sight.

IF we stay up. This season could potentially be a blessing in disguise. It's been toxic for far too long.

Now we have a manager we're behind. Some players showing their worth, a chance to boot out those who aren't up for the fight and a standard set.

Players like Iwobi have set a standard for themselves now. They won't be allowed to drop off ever again.

We have an atmosphere back, a feel good factor around the club.

Summer is HUGE. Let's hope the board can stay well away from everything and have zero involvement.

I saw a clip of the NBc coverage, it was fantastic! Such a shame our media arent so focussed on the fans (any fans) who demonstrate what the club means to them.
Our TV companies only ever show the RS and the YNWA dirge (always in full)
We on the other hand have Z Cars start up, crowd just about to start baying for blood and the commentator says after the break it's Everton v whoever and it's live...... cue adverts.

Hmmmm not sure. I don't think Leicester fans hate you. Maybe you'd be considered more direct rivals to us in terms of signing players and going for European spots (obviously not this season for either of us) than the likes of your Burnleys and Leeds. I reckon if it was us Leeds and Burnley you'd probably quite like to see us drop?
Out of those three you’d be last on my list……..

Leeds and then Burnley well before Leicester!

IF we stay up. This season could potentially be a blessing in disguise. It's been toxic for far too long.

Now we have a manager we're behind. Some players showing their worth, a chance to boot out those who aren't up for the fight and a standard set.

Players like Iwobi have set a standard for themselves now. They won't be allowed to drop off ever again.

We have an atmosphere back, a feel good factor around the club.

Summer is HUGE. Let's hope the board can stay well away from everything and have zero involvement.
Well, maybe they could right a cheque or two ;) !

Our TV companies only ever show the RS and the YNWA dirge (always in full)
We on the other hand have Z Cars start up, crowd just about to start baying for blood and the commentator says after the break it's Everton v whoever and it's live...... cue adverts.

I remember the game where we were doing the Ukraine tribute (FA cup I think?), with Imagine playing in the background, and it was quite emotional. And they just cut off to an ad break. I had to flick on the radio so I could hear it!

My official ratings:

Pickford
10/10: Another excellent display today and surely the difference between us taking 3 points home or taking nothing at all.

Coleman
6/10: A huge error attempting to jump through 6'6 Mina to head the ball instead of taking a few steps back, but thankfully the goal counted for nothing in the end. Error aside, solid display.

Holgate
9/10: Cool in defence, solid in the air, vital goal. More of this on a regular basis please and you'll earn a lot more support back.

Mina
5/10: Huge sliding block to prevent an early goal, but shouldn't be letting the ball bounce which contributed to the error and subsequent goal by Daka. Typically got injured and will likely miss 2 vital games. Marked him down a few points due to the so obvious injury he was got.

Keane
8/10: Looked like a different player. I felt nervy seeing him come on but he looked calm, composed and confident both with his feet and head. Didn't put a foot wrong while on the pitch - an excellent display.

Mykolenko
9/10: Defensively sound, fantastic goal. He's growing quickly into this role and made a huge contribution here towards our hopeful safety.

Delph
8/10: 70 minutes against Chelsea, 90 here, and influential in both games. Was a great bridge between defence and attack, and stifled Leicester's chances of playing through the middle of the park. Get him on oxygen and ready for Watford.

Doucouré
8/10: Has come back with a bang after a series of terrible performances after his injury, but looks much stronger and better now. We've needed his energy and he's been a great influence on the team in recent weeks.

Gordon
5/10: Worrying that he's still showing a terrible lack of end product after a full season in the starting XI, but he has shown a lot of promise in general. Bad decisions in the final third and no real impact on the game.

Iwobi
8/10: Not sure who this guy is but he looks nothing like the fella who stunk out the place for a good two years after joining us. Never stopped running again yesterday and provided the cross which was converted in spectacular fashion by Mykolenko.

Gray
5/10: Similar to Gordon in that he's always a danger, but far too often breaks down attacks by poor decision making or general substandard final product. Still think he can be a good squad player next season, which ultimately is what he was brought here to be.

Richarlison
7/10: Thankless task as always to play up there alone, especially when your two supporting attacking players once again aren't at the races, but he always caused the defenders trouble and gave them something to think about.
spot on with your assessment. I agree with all you have said. Especially regarding Gordon and Gray. Would be great if these two would chip in with a few goals. As you say.....a better end product. I like these two players. But a few goals from them would be great.
And as solid as Coleman might have been ( apart from his mistake ) it's Patterson for me for next season.
Very good assessment from you though. Enjoyed reading it.
Up The Toffees.

spot on with your assessment. I agree with all you have said. Especially regarding Gordon and Gray. Would be great if these two would chip in with a few goals. As you say.....a better end product. I like these two players. But a few goals from them would be great.
And as solid as Coleman might have been ( apart from his mistake ) it's Patterson for me for next season.
Very good assessment from you though. Enjoyed reading it.
Up The Toffees.
Much obliged monsieur up da fudgin' Toffees!

"After going ahead with a stunning Vitaliy Mykolenko strike, Everton made an awful error to let the Foxes equalise and then saw the defender responsible, Yerry Mina, go off injured a few minutes later."

In the BBC... no, Alan Elbows Shearer... it was Coleman who was primarily at fault you big baldy bell

Best Bit of yesterday after the win was when Daka score and the Leicester player behind him Perez tried to put the ball in the net but blasted it over

Status
Not open for further replies.