Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will be signing players in January given our lack of spending in the summer despite late bids for Patterson, Maitland-Niles and Diaz plus James' wages off the books, we are in a healthier position.

Come January we will also have players in their final 6 months:
"Alleged No 10" - £100k
Kenny - £15/20k
Delph - £80k
Tosun - £60k
Begovic - £20k

So hopefully we can move a few on for undisclosed fees.

Think myself only one or two team members will move on in January which is Davies and if the deal is still in place Tosun, the other three will be here until hell freezes over, or June 30th 2022 whichever is the sooner!

Think myself only one or two team members will move on in January which is Davies and if the deal is still in place Tosun, the other three will be here until hell freezes over, or June 30th 2022 whichever is the sooner!

Agree on Tosun leaving in Jan. I could see that being a loan till end of season and then hes on a free somewhere.

Davies was supposedly available in the summer but didnt want to leave.

Kenny I think has massively regressed and will be off to a German club on a loan till end of the season.

I wonder if we may try to negotiate to pay off Gbamins contract...

Gomes would be someone ideal to move on in Jan when people need a boost of a signing although it would leave us light so i expect him to move on a 2 year loan in the summer.

We have 2 centre midfielders out of contact summer 2021 Delph and Sigurdsson if either are moved on sold/situational outcome resolved we will bring in a CM to replace them as there wages will become available. Otherwise we will wait until summer and they will be replaced then. At CB a lot depends on Mina signing a new contract if he does they might stick with what they've got but be prepared to listen to offers for Keane and Holgate. If he doesn't sign a new contract he will be sold and replaced with hopefully a left footed good in the air CB. GK Lonergan should be released and Virginia will leave. I would be looking for a decent number 2 and extend Begovic contract to do the job Lonergan is doing now. RB Kenny will either leave for nominal fee or loan in the window or his contract will expire. Either way we need to bring someone in that will improve the team. LB depends how Nkounkou does. Personally I'd get a short termed in now until the end of the season just as cover to avoid CBs or Delph having to go there. If Nkounkou does well on his loan bring him back in and get him in the squad not only will he have experience he will be confident. If he does poorly its probably an indication he won't make it here and we need to move him on while we can get something and bring in someone that can challenge Digne. In the forward areas Tosun is similar to Kenny in that he'll either leave on a nominal fee or be loaned but worst case is his contract expires in the summer. We need a new RF who can play down the right or upfront. I would also try and find a buyer for Iwobi he won't need replaced as we already have Richarlison and Gray for the left and Gordon as a back up. Through the middle I'm happy with Calvert-Lewin and Rondon as both Richarlison and the new RF can also play there.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Gomes is a very good technical footballer . His problem is that he can't run, shoot or tackle.
These kinds of comments about Gomes baffle me (no opinion on Longstaff so put that to one side). If he can’t run, shoot, tackle or as someone else stated pass a ball further than 10yds. What exactly are the ‘technical’ aspects of football he is good at?

We have 2 centre midfielders out of contact summer 2021 Delph and Sigurdsson if either are moved on sold/situational outcome resolved we will bring in a CM to replace them as there wages will become available. Otherwise we will wait until summer and they will be replaced then. At CB a lot depends on Mina signing a new contract if he does they might stick with what they've got but be prepared to listen to offers for Keane and Holgate. If he doesn't sign a new contract he will be sold and replaced with hopefully a left footed good in the air CB. GK Lonergan should be released and Virginia will leave. I would be looking for a decent number 2 and extend Begovic contract to do the job Lonergan is doing now. RB Kenny will either leave for nominal fee or loan in the window or his contract will expire. Either way we need to bring someone in that will improve the team. LB depends how Nkounkou does. Personally I'd get a short termed in now until the end of the season just as cover to avoid CBs or Delph having to go there. If Nkounkou does well on his loan bring him back in and get him in the squad not only will he have experience he will be confident. If he does poorly its probably an indication he won't make it here and we need to move him on while we can get something and bring in someone that can challenge Digne. In the forward areas Tosun is similar to Kenny in that he'll either leave on a nominal fee or be loaned but worst case is his contract expires in the summer. We need a new RF who can play down the right or upfront. I would also try and find a buyer for Iwobi he won't need replaced as we already have Richarlison and Gray for the left and Gordon as a back up. Through the middle I'm happy with Calvert-Lewin and Rondon as both Richarlison and the new RF can also play there.
Happy with Rondón?

These kinds of comments about Gomes baffle me (no opinion on Longstaff so put that to one side). If he can’t run, shoot, tackle or as someone else stated pass a ball further than 10yds. What exactly are the ‘technical’ aspects of football he is good at?

None.

He was a very good technical player before that injury. His close control and ability to carry it. He has totally lost that.

He's decent coming on for the last part of matches. But it means we're in the unenviable position of only 2/6 CMs actually being good enough/fit enough to consistently start Premier League games.

Happy with Rondón?

Not really but he's going nowhere. If we play just one up top he's 3rd in line at best behind DCL and Richarlison. If we play 2 DCL and Richarlison are first choice pair and the RF should also be able to play there so he wouldn't be needed unless there is a crisis similar to that but you can't have a squad that big that it will cover every crisis.

He is not available for selection, we didnt name him in our squad.

He is suspended, nobody knows if that is with or without pay, personally I think its without pay, but nobody knows either way.
I don’t know how you wouldn’t pay him sub judicie , presumption of innocence all that even if subsequently someone is charged . Look at the outrage you get for mp’s , judges , coppers all paid throughout investigations. I also don’t know how you’d get any kind of insurance for something like this , I think we have to assume we’re paying wages and are likely to be doing so for some time .

Not really but he's going nowhere. If we play just one up top he's 3rd in line at best behind DCL and Richarlison. If we play 2 DCL and Richarlison are first choice pair and the RF should also be able to play there so he wouldn't be needed unless there is a crisis similar to that but you can't have a squad that big that it will cover every crisis.
With his level of "fitness" it's like starting with ten men. I've never been a supporter of throwing on kids for the sake of it,but let's be blunt Rondon offers little to nothing,so any youngster is an upgrade. Sadly Benítez will have to save face by continuing to select him.

With his level of "fitness" it's like starting with ten men. I've never been a supporter of throwing on kids for the sake of it,but let's be blunt Rondon offers little to nothing,so any youngster is an upgrade. Sadly Benítez will have to save face by continuing to select him.

If Simms or Dobbin step up and get ahead of him in the pecking order great but Rondon is definitely here until summer 2023. He will be at least on the bench for every game he is available (I won't say fit this season). If it goes back down to 7 subs next season he won't make the bench if it all went to plan. I just think another out and out ST is low in the priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.