Transfer Rumour Armando Broja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward-Prowse and Livramento are still there, despite avaricious glances from several clubs. They have been selling them in the past, but it looks as though their management have realised that one cannot keep dismantling a team, if one wishes to stay in the Premier League.
Livramento is crocked, will not be fit to well into the season and his injury is likely to rob him of pace sadly.

Ward-Prowse oddly (for a Pompey lad) seems to just like the club and they've backed him with a 100k + a week. But be sure 50m + a pay rise would get him.

Sterling looks like he’s on his way to Chelsea.

Broja maybe about to leave too…?
If Ronaldo ends up going there (skeptical he'd be allowed to) he's definitely off. A loan could be ideal for both sides honestly. Still a lot to prove. But I'd prefer West Ham if I were him.

If Ronaldo ends up going there (skeptical he'd be allowed to) he's definitely off. A loan could be ideal for both sides honestly. Still a lot to prove. But I'd prefer West Ham if I were him.
That would actually be a bad move for him imo. Moyes tends to setup like Ralph was in the second half of the season and that's when Broja's game started to suffer.

I get that.

But my point is different as I'm not comparing the academy players. I'm saying we're not active with ours. We let ours whittle down their contracts because we have zero structure in place. We barely send them on loan, we don't give them senior game time. That needs to change to even look at making money on them.

Simms - 21. Blackpool and Hearts. 3 months loans. 17 goals. 2 years on his contract. What we doing with him?

Broja - 20. Vitesse and Southampton. Full season loans. 20 goals. 4 year contract left. Chelsea want £30mill.

See the difference? Not comparing the players ability...but more the direction and structure. Chelsea have there's. We don't. Hence a player like Simms will just float on our books rather than us actively either give him game time...or sell him.
I do understand the point but I just think it’s a bit simplistic. The truth is Chelsea have shedloads of players who will leave on a free or hang around for years without ever doing anything, they’re famous for it. Liverpool do too. The difference is they also have some very good young players who end up not being able to make the breakthrough there but are still good players in their own right. The day we have players not even able to get in our match day squad who would be stars at half the teams in the league is the day we can start expecting to get good money for our cast offs.

I do understand the point but I just think it’s a bit simplistic. The truth is Chelsea have shedloads of players who will leave on a free or hang around for years without ever doing anything, they’re famous for it. Liverpool do too. The difference is they also have some very good young players who end up not being able to make the breakthrough there but are still good players in their own right. The day we have players not even able to get in our match day squad who would be stars at half the teams in the league is the day we can start expecting to get good money for our cast offs.

It's not like for like either really mate.

Broja has a season and 6 goals in the PL. also has goals in the Dutch league. Simms has played nowhere near that level.

There still needs to be a structure here regardless as there isn't one.

Back to the other point....I personally think paying £30mill for Broja while we have Dobbin, Simms knocking on the door says they're not good enough, not going to get game time, and need either shipping or loaning. We won't do that.

I like the logic of buying him in now, bedding him in for a year ready for when we potentially sell DCL next summer. It's the logic that I think we had originally planned with Moise Kean too, so just hoping it works out better this time!

Although saying that, if we manage to sell Kean this window, then I guess we would have come full circle and not really be any worse off.

Ward-Prowse and Livramento are still there, despite avaricious glances from several clubs. They have been selling them in the past, but it looks as though their management have realised that one cannot keep dismantling a team, if one wishes to stay in the Premier League.
Don’t know if you are aware but Saints wont till the 22/23 season have paid a £ for LivramNeto and our buy back kicks in at the start of next season.

He quite simply wasn’t up the rigours of PL or should I say the physical challenges to go straight for academy football to full PL exposure in a matter of months. It also happened to Lamptey at Brighton. Of course some players can adapt but the majority can’t.

He is not going on Chelsea's pre season trip according to an article on Goodison News. Interesting if true

I very very much doubt that Tuchal has made decesions about Broja or indeed Gallagher leaving permanently however I would t be at all suprised if Broja has one more season on loan and then his progress to be measured.
Broja is just one year into a five year deal so almost certainly his pathway will have been discussed at length prior to his loan last season .
All of that goes out the window if someone makes a silly offer but as we have seen with most of the academy players sold on whilst under decent length contracts it would have to be a stupid offer and no doubt Chelsea would want a buy back option which many clubs just won’t agree to

Status
Not open for further replies.