Transfer Rumour Armando Broja

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people want us to buy him because he’s young and looks talented and in a perfect world (one where we haven’t spent half a decade throwing money away) we certainly should. However in our current scenario funds are scarce and a centre forward is weirdly, not a pressing issue. If we actually have money available it should be spent elsewhere.

If his price genuinely is 25-30m, I sincerely hope we don't get him. We need an established striker and for that money you can buy proven talent from abroad.
I agree the fee seems too high.
However a trying to buy a ‘proven’ striker has problems too such as a much higher wage bill to weigh up.
Also the problem of would a proven or established striker move to a relegation threatened club, you would imagine players in that category would have better options to consider.
We also have a proven 9 we need someone to back him up not supplant him.

I agree the fee seems too high.
However a trying to buy a ‘proven’ striker has problems too such as a much higher wage bill to weigh up.
Also the problem of would a proven or established striker move to a relegation threatened club, you would imagine players in that category would have better options to consider.
We also have a proven 9 we need someone to back him up not supplant him.
Yep, we're kind of stuck in a weird position, like you say, with established strikers likely having better options with regards to clubs they could join. Seems like whoever we go for will be a gamble. I wouldn't be surprised if we looked in The Championship you know.

I know people want us to buy him because he’s young and looks talented and in a perfect world (one where we haven’t spent half a decade throwing money away) we certainly should. However in our current scenario funds are scarce and a centre forward is weirdly, not a pressing issue. If we actually have money available it should be spent elsewhere.
It is an issue though. DCL has injury problems. Which leaves Rondon.. last season we had richarlison as the get out of jail by the skin of your teeth card.

If his price genuinely is 25-30m, I sincerely hope we don't get him. We need an established striker and for that money you can buy proven talent from abroad.
I think these types of players are exactly what we are looking for. Young hungry professional players on low wages who are just about to establish themselves.

We have collapsed buying "established" players on bloated wages, who can't be arsed because of the massive payrise they have got by joining us. Then they sit back and do feck all.

Also Richy was utter turd playing as cf, arguably Rondon was better
I’d definitely have that argument.
Rondon was probably the least effective centre forward I’ve seen during six decades of watching Everton.
There have probably been worse but not one who got the game time this fella had.
If he is to get a redemption arc next season it’ll have to be captained by Noah!

I’d definitely have that argument.
Rondon was probably the least effective centre forward I’ve seen during six decades of watching Everton.
There have probably been worse but not one who got the game time this fella had.
If he is to get a redemption arc next season it’ll have to be captained by Noah!

Just bonkers that Kean hardly had a kick but Rondon had umpteen starts, and was appalling in every one.

Status
Not open for further replies.