£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than pleased with what we've got done so far, nearly go as far as to say delighted, especially the speed at which we've got them over the line.

I have to admit if we lose Ross and fork out 40m plus on Gylfi the gloss will be taken off it a bit for me.

Honestly, this is how football dies. Everyone is on the assumption that the 'status quo' is going to be there for awhile. All it takes is a drop in subscriptions, this is all over in a heartbeat. And a LOT of clubs are going to go under because of such.
I think it's been coming for a while mate in truth....its just greed feeding greed. It will implode in the next 5 years, Simply because many can no longer afford.. Or justify the price increase of sky sports year on year. Its also massively biased to the top 4 clubs (it has to be really) due to bigger audience sizes.
I want sky or our club to produce an Everton match day season ticket for the non local fan. Every single match Broadcast live and in HD for say £20.00 per month.... This would obviously be run for all 20 teams in the prem. You simply pick your team and subscribe to it.... That is something I would pay for... No more Rednapp spouting [Poor language removed]... Just wall to wall games and insider info on our club.

Honestly, this is how football dies. Everyone is on the assumption that the 'status quo' is going to be there for awhile. All it takes is a drop in subscriptions, this is all over in a heartbeat. And a LOT of clubs are going to go under because of such.

That's something that's always at the back of my mind. And the possible takeover of Sky could bring the day nearer. BT and Sky quite honestly are not getting the figures for their Premier League games,etc in the UK and would be in the dirt if it were not for foriegn sales. There is big money floating around in general for TV Sport, but the margins are not great. More and more top clubs will have their own TV Channel, and eventually this is were their games will be seen. In Wyness' time Everton were granted a channel on the Sky EPG but didn't go ahead with it...a big mistake in my opinion. Everton TV needs a global profile on TV, not just online....not only from a status perspective, but because eventually it will be an essential platform.

Rumours going around we've backed down due to tapping accusations.

I doubt thats the case though.

We will sign him but Swansea is behaving like angry teenager. "Grit&beauty" my arse..
They should really consentrate on their replacements

Mate, that is completely flawed logic.

City just paid the same amount for a full back.

And I don't think that's a particularly good deal either. Some of the attitudes in this thread of "just pay it" are ludicrous. Please don't use City who gave us and the RS 50 million each for Stones and Sterling respectively as an example. That is comepltely flawed logic. Just because we have some money now doesn't mean we should spend it all away.

And I don't think that's a particularly good deal either. Some of the attitudes in this thread of "just pay it" are ludicrous. Please don't use City who gave us and the RS 50 million each for Stones and Sterling respectively as an example. That is comepltely flawed logic. Just because we have some money now doesn't mean we should spend it all away.

Of course not, but of the manager has identified him as a primary target and that is what they want, pi55 or get off the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back