£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that is all a tad dramatic for me - if he does well he will get plaudits, football fans are very fickle.

He isn't a kid who has just broken into the side, he's been in it for 4 years, people have made judgements on what they have seen over a prolonged period.

Last season, from this site he was voted in the top 3 for man of the match 18 times....thats half his games he was boss ffs!!!!

Sigurdsson is a good player, I've said that from the start. And I think he'd play well for us too

But when you take into account the fee and the fact he's essentially Barkley's replacement, I can fully understand anyone having reservations

We ultimately don't know the contract amount we've given Barkley, we're just going off rumours, but surely if we can afford to blow 40 Million plus on a decent Premier League player we can also afford to go back to the table and give Ross some kind of increased financial incentive to stay?

That doesn't strike me as being an unreasonable stance to have

Ross is younger, home grown and it would cost us less to give him an improved contract than it would to sign Sigurdsson. There's nothing wrong with doing so

My hopes for moshiri weren't just that we'd sign loads of players, but that his financial clout would ensure we could KEEP the players we used to always lose. I'm seeing column A here but I'm not seeing column B, and that worries me

I agree. It's not about being miserable about the club spending cash imo. Bar set pieces and his ability to press 10% better, can someone tell me why Sigurdsson offers £40m worth of goodies more than Ross?

Is siggurdson at 40 odd million spending too much when we get probably 30 back at least when we sell Barkley so really he will cost at most 20 million to the club.

No.

If we sell Ross for £30m we have £30m.

If we buy Sig for £50m we've spent £50m on Sig.

The 2 deals don't balance eachother out they are independent events.

May as well chuck Schneiderlain and Keane in the bin then.

Keane got let go as a youngster. He hadn't fully developed. Now he has and is a completely different player.

Schneiderlain was more than good enough for the level Man United were at, it's just that the manager didn't give him any chances to prove himself, which Mourinho more than has a history for.

Sigurdsson was given ample time and support at Tottenham. He was in the prime of his career. He failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back