£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's not about being miserable about the club spending cash imo. Bar set pieces and his ability to press 10% better, can someone tell me why Sigurdsson offers £40m worth of goodies more than Ross?
Consistent output is the only answer I can come up with

Last 3 PL Seasons - Sigurdsson has 27 Goals / 26 Assists , Barkley has 15/18

I was skeptical about the price tag until I looked at the numbers. He's up there with Hazard (34/17)/Eriksen(24/30)/Coutinho(26/17) over the past 3 seasons and they'd all require huge transfer fees.

Chances created in open play last season

Barkley 10th

Sigurdsson? 72th the myth

giphy.gif

At least we know he can do it in the premier league.

Liverpool spent a similar amount on a player who proved to be a flop at Chelsea.

Personally I think £40m on Sigurdsson is a safer bet than £40m on Salah.

Or we know that he can't do it at the level we aspire to get to in the Premier League. Its one thing taking a gamble on someone from lower down the division that might be able to step up, but its a whole different kind of silly to take a gamble on someone from lower down the division that has already failed to make the step up before.

As for Salah, I've never seen much of him but from what I know, it seems as though he is another that Mourinho was unwilling to give a chance. See De Bruyne, Lukaku, Schneiderlain etc. for other examples.

Proper marmite is Ross, half love him, half want him hung.

...it doesn't really matter because Barkley doesn't appear to want to stay and the manager doesn't appear to be including him in plans. For me the Sigurdsson v Barkley debate is about one who delivers against one who promises to deliver. I doubt Barkley would've kept Swansea up last season, which is a real indicator of Sigurdsson's attitude. The performance of Iceland in the Euro's is an indicator of his ability.

I'm fine with one out and one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back