£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we know that he can't do it at the level we aspire to get to in the Premier League. Its one thing taking a gamble on someone from lower down the division that might be able to step up, but its a whole different kind of silly to take a gamble on someone from lower down the division that has already failed to make the step up before.

As for Salah, I've never seen much of him but from what I know, it seems as though he is another that Mourinho was unwilling to give a chance. See De Bruyne, Lukaku, Schneiderlain etc. for other examples.

I literally don't understand that argument.

Does the league become different because you move to a better team? Honestly, what are you trying to say?

He's the only reason Swansea are still a premier league club.

FWIW. I think he has been tapped up by Koeman/Walsh, and wants to come. I think him not going to USA is because he wants to sort the deal sooner rather than later.

This in turn has led to journalists shooting their bolts over bids being made/rejected etc.

I personally think it will be done either Saturday or Sunday, for a undisclosed fee. Likely anywhere between 35m and 50m.

Wouldn't surprise me if Swansea leaked the "rejected bid" to spin it their way. Then an "undisclosed" fee will be locked on the weekend and everyone will assume its over 40m.

Same thing happened with Williams, they tried to tell everyone it was like 20m until the truth came out. Either way, this is obviously getting done and properly pronto.

8 mom awards? Where from? GOT? Lol most people on here think he's the second coming of Christ... just becuase he's scouse and a blue... and for me mom is the best player on the pitch... there is no way he was our best player for nearly a quarter of the games we played in the prem ... bo way...

Well, he was.

Clearly you hate him, and would argue he was not good enough if he only had 1 bad game.

Who needs enemies!!!

As far as I know there is still a very good offer on the table for Barkley, all he has to do is sign the contract.

To listen to some on here it would appear that he is being sold against his will, as I understand it an offer of 100k per week has been offered to him...it is the player that is stalling, not the club.

If Barkley moves, I think he will only move to a club higher than us in the league table, will he be more certain of playing every week with any of those than he is with us.

The manager last season was critical and complimentary about Barkley in equal measure and the criticism seems to me to have forced Barkey to become a better player and he still has plenty of improvement to go before he becomes a really top player.

I hope Barkley is not guaranteed a game at Everton, I hope no player is.

FWIW. I think he has been tapped up by Koeman/Walsh, and wants to come. I think him not going to USA is because he wants to sort the deal sooner rather than later.

This in turn has led to journalists shooting their bolts over bids being made/rejected etc.

I personally think it will be done either Saturday or Sunday, for a undisclosed fee. Likely anywhere between 35m and 50m.

Isn't there a thing that if it's over a certain amount it can't be undisclosed?

He is a good player, and yes he would improve our squad,
but for £40mil +, we could do so much better.
Will end up paying more for Sigurdsson than Bayern have for James in comparison. No, not my money you're right.

love that we are sticking to who ever koeman wants and just throwing 40m round how things have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back